We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday in Valletta

Which Valletta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
houston
Level Contributor
119 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday in Valletta

Hello:

We will be in Valletta on a Sunday as part of a cruise. I am planning on getting a cab and going to Mdina to walk around in the morning, then back to Valletta after lunch. On checking the websites, I see that St. John's is closed to tourists on Sunday's as is Casa Rocca Piccola, both of which I was hoping to see...oh well, any suggestions for that Sunday afternoon?

I guess there will be time for a leisurely lunch, so a recommendation there would be appreciated was well.

thanks!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday in Valletta

If lunching in Mdina, try the groundfloor/courtyard restaurant of the Xara Palace Hotel - I've always had excellent meals there, and found it to be good value.

If lunching in Valletta, then you cannot go wrong with the Malata restaurant that is situated opposite the Presidents Palace.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday in Valletta

Museums will be open, but not churches. Mdina would be nice, though the cathedral will not be open. Valletta still interesting to walk throuigh, Palace should be open, likewise the Museum of Archaeology. See Auberge de Castille (exterior). The view ofd the harbour from Barracca Garadens is superb.

Perhaps come back from Mdina to Sliema and go on a harbour cruise, (90 minutes) and see all of the harbours - though you might be sick of being on a boat!

houston
Level Contributor
119 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday in Valletta

I definately plan to go to Barracca Gardens. Is the Palace you mention the Grand Masters Palace? Thanks!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday in Valletta

For the Grand Masters Palace and the Armouries, take a look at www.heritagemalta.org for times etc. plus all the other sites. You might also be interested in the Lascaris War Rooms.

5. Re: Sunday in Valletta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Valletta