We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hypogeum online booking site

Which Valletta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
355 posts
806 reviews
Save Topic
Hypogeum online booking site

Hi All,

I gather that a visit to Hypogeum has to be reserved / booked online.

What is the official and secure website for booking ?

Does payment have to be made online at the time of booking or at the time of the actual visit ?

Many thanks for your help.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hypogeum online booking site

You have to book and pay for tickets now:-

www.heritagemalta.org/hmshop/hmshop.html

Ireland
Level Contributor
355 posts
806 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hypogeum online booking site

That's great Macl1uk. Many thanks.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hypogeum online booking site

permia - just to add to Macl1uk - and for others.

Access each day to he Hypogeum is severely restricted, and can often, especially in season, be booked for months in advance. Hence the need to prebook and pay as per Post 1. The 12 noon and 4 pm visits are only bookable 24 hours before in person at the Hypogeum or the Museum of Archaeology, but that's a big chance to take.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hypogeum online booking site

It appears that there are 8 tours a day restricted to 10 people a tour, the following times can be booked online 9am, 10am, 11am, 13.00, 14.00 and 15.00, so noon and 4pm appears to be purchasable in person.

Florida
Level Contributor
180 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hypogeum online booking site

I booked yesterday for the first week in May, and already a lot of the times were already booked.

Ireland
Level Contributor
355 posts
806 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hypogeum online booking site

Thanks all for your advice.

At the site I've checked the availability for our week's holiday in March (2013) and fortunately there is still a good choice of places. But irrespective, I'll immediately book !

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hypogeum online booking site

The other thing to keep in mind is that if you are late for your slot you won't be admitted so factor in your travelling time from wherever you are staying. They ask for you to be here 15 mins before.

Manchester
Level Contributor
550 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hypogeum online booking site

How easy it it to get to the Hypogeum by bus? I'm staying in St Julians in a few weeks and definitely want to visit the Hypogeum :)

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hypogeum online booking site

You will need two buses from St. Julian's I think, to Valletta then out again to Paola and the Hypogeum . Our Phil-the -Bus is really your man. My comment would be that it seems even now that the bus timetables can still be erratic so I would choose your timed slot for the Hypogeum carefully. They DO NOT allow latecomers! You could combine it with a look (before or after) to the Tarxien Temples which are about 600 metres walk away.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,453 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hypogeum online booking site

Actually you can do it by just taking one bus - the X2 Bus from St. Julians calls at Paola Square on its way to the airport. The Hypogeum is very close to Paola Square. However, allow plenty of time for the journey in case the bus is delayed.

Phil-the-Bus

Get answers to your questions about Valletta