We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malta sightseeing hop on hop off tours

Which Valletta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
Malta sightseeing hop on hop off tours

Want to do the above north tour as it goes to golden bay etc whereas the city sightseeing company tour doesn't. Just want to check where it stops inValletta as will be picking it up here. Timetable says the bus terminal. Is that correct? City sightseeing seems to go from the waterfront? Anyone done it recently? Hope to do it in next couple of days

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malta sightseeing hop on hop off tours

So it does ! However unless anyone who has been there recently can confirm otherwise, I think that rather than the bus station they mean the Ho-Ho bus terminal which is at the Castile Roundabout near the Upper Barrakka Gardens - see point A on this map: http://goo.gl/maps/zUmGF .

Note that the route taken by the City Sightseeing tour may change for the summer season (whenever that is !) .

Phil-the-Bus

Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malta sightseeing hop on hop off tours

Thanks Phil. Hoping to do it tomorrow as will be a nice lazy day to spend a Sunday. Will set off good time to check out the stops. I know the stop you mean by the gardens. First visit to Malta and loving it. Used your very useful info on the buses to go to Marsaxxlok (wrong spelling). It was great. Will report back where it goes from after

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
8,446 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malta sightseeing hop on hop off tours

Your spelling wasn`t far out ------ one X and two K s

Enjoy your stay.

Graham

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malta sightseeing hop on hop off tours

Guess it's too late for the OP, but CitySighteening DO go to Golden Bay. Some of their maps seem to be out of date? Possibly winter/summer timetable differences?

Stop 16 of the Blue route here;

city-sightseeing.com/tours/malta/malta.htm#t…

I recall both hop on/off firms stop in at least 3 places in Valletta - Castile as Graham shows, Fort St. Elmo and at the waterfront for the cruise ships.

Dealtoday malta often have half price Citysightseeing deals - it's like Groupon. You still get the harbour cruise too. Today's is a two day ticket for 10 Euro.

http://dealtoday.com.mt/deal/282.html

Cape Town Central...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Malta sightseeing hop on hop off tours

I don't seem to see the Green route of 120 min. I am in La Valeltta for one day 21 June) and would like to see as much as feasable. The hop/on /off seems the best way. The Blue and Red routes are given on the map.Do they all make a stop at the harbour for the cruise ships? Thanks for help, Leon

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,591 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malta sightseeing hop on hop off tours

Leon - The itinerary and map for the Green route seems to be missing from City Sightseeing's website for some reason. No idea if it is still running. They do still show the timetable for the green route on the red and blue tour links (PDF files)

I believe Citysightseeing routes all stop at Valletta Waterfront for the cruise ships. Not sure that Malta Sightseeing's north (blue) tour does - think it only stops near the bus station in Valletta.

7. Re: Malta sightseeing hop on hop off tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Valletta