We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday markets

Greater London...
Level Contributor
483 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday markets

I know both Valletta and Vittoriosa/Birgu have Sunday markets and believe the former is held on a car park in Floriana.

Can someone tell me exactly where both are held please? In the case of the Floriana one, directions from Valletta's main gate would be great. In the case of the Vittoriosa one, directions from a notable landmark would be appreciated e.g. the Malta at War Museum.

Thanks

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,731 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday markets

The Birgu / Vittorisa market is not on sunday it is on Tuesday.

On sunday is the one held in Floriana . There is also a large one in Marsaxlokk and another in the afternoon at Ta Qali

Graham

Greater London...
Level Contributor
483 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday markets

I have read on numerous websites that there is a Sunday market in Vittoriosa called Il- Monte and that it takes place "a few paces from Couvre Porte". it is described as a flea/car boot type market. I was hoping for directions that I could follow (and for the one in Floriana).

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday markets

The Sunday market is a bric a brac/car boot sale type market. If you go by bus get off at Café Riche which is just outside Couvre Port. Walk with Vittoriosa on your left. It'll take you a couple of minutes

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,731 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday markets

I will hang my head in shame .

Didn`t know about the bric a brac market in Birgu. ----- you live and learn !

I know the proper market there on Tuesday is the largest and best one in Malta.

Graham

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday markets

I am fairly certain that the walk from Valletta to the Valletta Sunday market at Floriana is as shown here - http://goo.gl/maps/BR7kh - if someone could confirm that point B on this map is indeed the location of the market it would be appreciated.

P-t-B

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday markets

The Birgu market is worth a visit Graham. I've bought a couple of interesting bits and pieces there. An old ships lamp and a small Moroccan style table. There are stalls selling military memorabilia and old tools as well but it's the atmosphere I like about it. There's also a lot of less interesting stuff of course.

hampshire_UK
Level Contributor
1,611 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday markets

The route p-t-b has provided looks right to me and better than the one I was given earlier this year. The route I had was probably shorter but as it involved getting of the bus at Bombi 2 and darting across 4 lanes of traffic to the junction and then the same again to the other side, I would go with this one, or get off at the stop market Bus Terminus just after Bombi and walk towards the polyclinic and join Phil's route.

Edited: 04 June 2014, 12:27
Greater London...
Level Contributor
483 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday markets

Thanks to all for responses - very helpful and appreciated

9. Re: Sunday markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:17