We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long shot question about ice cream

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
30,481 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Long shot question about ice cream

Many years ago in Valletta they used to serve ice cream of several flavours in huge brandy glasses. I was wondering if there is any chance there was somewhere that still did this. It was an amazing experience for an ice cream lover.

It may sound random by I have a very good reason for asking.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long shot question about ice cream

At a guess I would check out Café Cordina in Valletta, if anyone would have served icecream in a brandy glass may have been them. They have lots of icecream to choose from. A great place for people watching too.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long shot question about ice cream

I remember being served ice cream in a randy glass in Valletta and I think it was at cafe Cordina. I remember there being a big ice cream choice all served this way. Sue are you planning a return visit?

Edited: 05 August 2014, 05:28
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long shot question about ice cream

Café Cordina do serve a lot of ice cream in various glasses but I think that most of them are of the modern variety but I am sure we could get someone to serve you in a Brandy Glass or even a Randy one Tripalot.

Sue if you are coming over be careful of the cakes as any idea of a diet goes out the door when you look at them never mind eating them.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long shot question about ice cream

Wrappido typing on my IPad at 05.30 AM probably was not a good idea :) I definitely agree with you about the cakes although sadly the large Cordina ice creams are not too good for the waistline either :(

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long shot question about ice cream

Especially when preceded by a plate of Gozo cheese ravioli and accompanied by large quantities of the local Rose wine :)

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
30,481 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long shot question about ice cream

Oh that sounds so good. Thanks for the suggestions. At a more reasonable hour today I remember they were called giant brandy baloon glasses

www.drinkstuff.com/productimg/87047_large.jpg

And there were as many scoops as you wished in there. I could find no images on Ggl or reviews. Years ago and I still regret not ordering one.

Now no one cares what my waistline looks like, it's no problem.

Yes I will be back sometime soon. Lovely island. Just so many wonderful things to do in the world and not so much money since the credit crunch. Just beginning to explore nearer home again.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long shot question about ice cream

Cafe cordina definately do large assortments of ice cream's in various size glasses my daughter had one last year,i just sat there slavering thinking of my waistline.lol.cant remember seeing one in a brandy glass tho,but that doesn't mean they wouldn't.

Eileen

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long shot question about ice cream

Sue I am heading back in November Graham Whitton will probably be going in December not sure about Tripalot so let us know when you decide to head over and we will keep you away from temptation.

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
3,006 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Long shot question about ice cream

I'm not sure about me either :) I am well overdue a visit, maybe Oct/Nov for me.

10. Re: Long shot question about ice cream

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Valletta