We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clervaux - Places to see

Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Clervaux - Places to see

Will be in Clervaux for a few of days during 2nd week in November. Apart from the Abbey and the Chateau what else is there to see in the area?

6 replies to this topic
Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Clervaux - Places to see

Clervaux is a really small village in the hills of northern Luxembourg. Apart from the chateau, there is not much too see, although if you like quiet villages and nature it is quite a nice place. The largest attraction, the photo exhibition The family of man, is currently closed for renovation. There is some information on http://www.tourisme-clervaux.lu/ .

There are regular trains to Luxembourg-city, taking 50 minutes and costing 1.50 euro. Vianden (reachable by bus from Ettelbruck) is another destination to be recommended.

Mentioned in this post
Luxembourg City
Luxembourg City
Luxembourg District, Luxembourg
Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clervaux - Places to see

Thanks for your reply. Drove through Clervaux 2 yrs ago when slowly touring back north from Remich towards the ferry ports. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything local, and you have confirmed that for me. I will be very happy seeing the glorious autumn colours around the Ardennes (4th time) and enjoying the gourmet breaks I've booked. Cheers.

Edited: 29 October 2012, 16:59
Mentioned in this post
The Ardennes
The Ardennes
Wallonia, Belgium
D Z
Boynton Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clervaux - Places to see

I am researching my family tree and plan to visit various cities in Luxembourg in November, 2014. The family names include Zacharias, Grotz, Hinderscheid, Metz and Molitar. Towns/cities include Kautenbach, Wiltz, Clervaux, Selscheid & Munshausen.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to best to find records, etc.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Metz
Metz
Moselle, France
D Z
Boynton Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clervaux - Places to see

I am researching my family tree and plan to visit various cities in Luxembourg in November, 2014. The family names include Zacharias, Grotz, Hinderscheid, Metz and Molitar. Towns/cities include Kautenbach, Wiltz, Clervaux, Selscheid & Munshausen.

D Z

Boynton Beach...

Save this Post

3. Re: Clervaux - Places to see

Jan 11, 2014, 12:11 P

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to best to find records, etc.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Metz
Metz
Moselle, France
Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,771 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clervaux - Places to see

Hi,

Maybe you can join forces tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190340-i789-k67…

Note: Kautenbach is administrated by - Kiischpelt - and Selscheid is with - Eschweiler - . Molitar spelling (Molitor ?)

The old church and town council records have been transferred to the National Archives.

http://www.anlux.lu/multi/de/ sorry no english pages except

http://query.an.etat.lu/query/suchinfo.aspx

Good luck.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clervaux - Places to see

I know that OP is quite old, but since this thread has been reactivated recently, I wish to point out that the (fantastic) photo exhibition "The Family of man" is now back after extensive renovations.

Mentioned in this post
The Family of Man
The Family of Man
161 Reviews
Clervaux, Luxembourg
Reply to: Clervaux - Places to see
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Clervaux