We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Vaduz ready for the Tartan Army ?

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
774 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Is Vaduz ready for the Tartan Army ?

After the Euro qualifying draw on Sunday, it is confirmed that Scotland and Liechtenstein are in the same group. Fixture dates tbc. Will Vaduz have enough hotels to cope ? I am already hearing about Tartan Army groups looking to stay in Zurich or Munich, but I would prefer to say in Vaduz.

Any info on hotels/bars/restaurants would be welcome.

On the day of the game it is likely that 4-5000 Scotland fans will be in town - please order about 3 months supply of beer !

Swansea
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Vaduz ready for the Tartan Army ?

Hi mate,

I'm a Swansea City supporter that stayed in Vaduz when Wales played there in October.

We stayed in the Landhaus am Giessen, which is just outside the centre of Vaduz (about a 10 minute walk) and also a short walk to the Rheinpark Stadion alongside the Rhein River - a great stroll with the snow covered mountains all around you.

I strongly recommend this hotel, it's 3* and not too expensive for this part of the world.

There's a bus stop not too far away either which takes you to Sargans where the train heads back to Zurich.

I posted my own review of the hotel just before replying to this message, so hopefully by the time you read this it will have been approved and made live.

Be warned there's not much going on in Vaduz, or even Liechtenstein for that matter, but it'll be a great atmosphere on the day/night of the game with plenty of places to eat and drink.

2. Re: Is Vaduz ready for the Tartan Army ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Vaduz