We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Cypria Bay

West Sussex
5 posts
Save Topic
Riu Cypria Bay

Wondering whether anybody has any advice for me. I am off to Paphos on saturday for the first time and am staying at the Riu Cypria Bay. My husband and I chose this particular hotel as we have previously stayed at the Riu hotels in the Dominican Republic and we loved it. Can anyone tell me what the Cypria Bay is like? Plus I am a real sun worshipper and I am worried that it is not going to be hot enough out there at this time of year for me. Please can someone let me know what it is like. I am very much looking forward to 2 weeks in Cyprus as a lot of the reviews that I have been reading sound fantastic.

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Cypria Bay

The Cypria Bay is absolutely lovely! We stayed there last October, and wouldn't hesitate to go back. It's modern, spacious, clean, the food is lovely, and the staff are terrific.

The pool and outside area is gorgeous. Can't fault the place.

Have a look on 'Weather Underground' for a 5 day forecast. We've been in May previously, and the weather was beautiful.

You'll have a lovely time.

st helens
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Cypria Bay

hi, I have just read your review on trip advisor regarding the Riu Cypria Bay Hotel. I am thinking of going there for my honeymoon next year and would welcome your opinions. Did the hotel next door, the Cypria Maris look better? Did you go all inclusive and was the food nice?

Kind regards

Suzanne

West Sussex
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Cypria Bay

Dear Suzanne

Having just come back from the Riu Cypria Bay I can safely say that although we had a wonderful time, the hotel was fabulous, pool was lovely etc etc I wouldn't want to go there for my honeymoon. My husband and I were looking at going to Cyprus when we got married two years ago but at the time the Gulf War was on and we were advised that the island was used as an airbase so it may be noisy with all the planes going in and out. I have to say that now I have been to Cyprus I am glad that we didn't go there on honeymoon.

It just didn't feel right. When you are on honeymoon you want to go somewhere romantic where you can walk along a nice beach and where you would happily go back again to re-live the memories. Unfortunately Cyprus didn't effect me like that. For a start there is not a lot of beach. Luckily for me I prefer being by the pool but if it is a beach you want this is not the place to go.

The food at the hotel was good especially breakfast and lunch but they seemed to do the same thing for dinner every night.

If I had to decide between the Cypria Bay and the Cypria Maris I am pleased that we chose the Cypria Bay, although the Maris is nice it has a bit of a medieval feel to it. Plus the Cypria Bay is newly built and feels much more open and fresher. One thing that we did think was a shame though is that you have to pay for drinks at the Maris even though it is run by the same company.

Even though I did enjoy my two weeks there I have to be honest and say that I don't think I would go back to Cyprus.

Emma.