We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel ideas/advice needed for cyprus!

warwick
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Topic
travel ideas/advice needed for cyprus!

Hi

I am planning a vacation to greece and cyprus for 2 weeks this summer.. was hoping if anyone can share some information on ferry crossings from greece to cyprus.. and what are some of the off-the-beaten-paths in cyprus.. im more of a scenic and nature lover.. apart from resorts.. what are the sights not to be missed? if possible could you suggest possible accommodation options as well! thank you!

SylR

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
754 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel ideas/advice needed for cyprus!

Contact the Cyprus Tourist Office. They have excellent free publications including long distance walks, mountain villages. They are most helpful and I believe one brochure was called Off the Beaten Track, keep away from the towns and you will find the beauty of the villages, whether coast or mountains.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel ideas/advice needed for cyprus!

Hello,

I agree that you can get a lot of good info for free from a Cyprus Tourist Office. Now I would like to suggest a couple of things. If you are into nature then you should spend time in Paphos forest, Troodos forest and Akamas peninsula. In Paphos forest you may visit the venetian bridges and could also spot some moufflon. I would also suggest that you go on a visit to the Walled part of Nicosia.

There are many picturesque villages in the mountains.

And there are also beaches around that are almost empty.

For extensive info on Cyprus nature (beaches, trails, dams, etc) you could take a look at www.natureofcyprus.org .

If you need more info on places (meaning villages) to stay, then contact me.

Enjoy

Phivos

3. Re: travel ideas/advice needed for cyprus!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 09:28