We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expensive or not???

London, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Expensive or not???

Hi

My daughter, parents and I are off to Coral Bay on the 10th August for 2 weeks. Can't wait, but we have heard it is quite expensive out there now to eat and drink. Can anyone give me a rough idea of how much a decent meal would cost and price of drinks etc. All comments gratefully received. Sunshine here we come!!!!

Thanks

LollyB

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expensive or not???

We have just returned. Been to Cyprus 5 times now and notice it has got more expensive. However we didn't think the food aspect had got much more expensive. The most we paid for two adults including two bottles of wine (well you are on holiday!) was 29CYP and that was in an upmarket Italian restaurant. You can get a decent meal (without wine) for two for around 11CYP. Mezes are around 8CYP but we found it too hot to tackle all that food. Good breakfasts are all around 2CYP. If you want any booze it is worth getting it at the airport when you arrive. We have noticed this has increased in price in the shops since Cyprus went in the EU. Also if you happen to be a smoker it is again cheaper to buy at the airport. For two weeks for two adults we spent 1,200 GBP and put care hire on Visa. Shop around for car hire - there are some good deals. We used Doros but found we could have got a better deal with Platon. Hope you have a great time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expensive or not???

Hi Kath

Many thanks for your advice. Luckily none of us smoke so we will just spend our money on food and drink (we are self-catering). We have already lined up car hire so that is one expense taken care of. Just needed a rough idea of how much spending money to take for 2 weeks which I now have a rough idea about. Can't wait for our first visit to Cyprus.

Thanks again

LollyB

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expensive or not???

Hope you love Cyprus as much as I do. Its blistering hot at the moment. Have a great holiday and don't forget to write your review when you get back

Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Expensive or not???

Hi,

How much were the ciggies at the Airport/shops, for a pack of 200 L&B?

uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Expensive or not???

cyprus like any other country,like tourist because they know you are there for one or two weeks and they will try and extract as much money off you as possible.there are places in cyprus that are very cheap,but you wont find them in the tourist areas,you'l find them 50/100 meters off the main tourist areas,in all the major resorts in cyprus.

if you see many cypriots sitting in a restaurant,you know its good food and you'l know the food is well priced.

all food establisments must have there prices displayed along with the bars,its law now,so you will have a good idea what your bill will be before you eat.

your on holiday so try the cypriot food its nice and if you have a cypriot kebab ,its like a meal in its self and it will fill you up,prices vary in each area of cyprus from £1.50cy to £3cy

Prices in supermarkets in tourist areas are more expensive than others,ciggies depending what brand vary in price from

£15cy to £23cy for 200.