We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestion for good place to stay for lone female

Southend on sea...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
suggestion for good place to stay for lone female

Hi there,

I am looking to have a relaxing week by myself, can anyone suggest a good hotel/location tom stay in?

Thanks

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,852 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestion for good place to stay for lone female

Not sure what type of accommodation you are looking for but I would feel totally safe on my own at either the Four Seasons in Limassol or the Paphos Amathus in Paphos. They are both 5 star hotels and the staff would look after you very well.

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestion for good place to stay for lone female

I stayed at the Four Seasons last night. I stayed in a single room ( not impressed), for the first time.The doubles are very good and the staff are attentive.The pool area and restaurants were very busy with Russian clients.I never had breakfast this morning as again it was very busy.

I went for breakfast at the Curuim Palace in the heart of Limassol. Lovely hotel, one of the oldest in Limassol but now completely modernised.Lovely pool and rooms but dinner is best taken out of the hotel.Not a 5* like the Four Seasons but a very good 4* without the crowds and high prices.

My room at the Four Seasons, dinner, water and breakfast (if I would have had it) cost me £289 sterling for one night.The price was a late booking at reception, I am sure it can be found cheaper with an agent.

Home in the mountains now, beats even 5* hotels, albeit raining and a little chilly.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestion for good place to stay for lone female

I haven't ever stayed in a hotel but usually visit Cyprus as a lone traveller and it's the safest place I've ever been.

Vale of Glamorgan...
Level Contributor
233 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestion for good place to stay for lone female

I agree with the last post. I got back from Cyprus this morning, having stayed in apartments this time in the east of the island. Had a week in Paphos in really nice hotel last November and always feel completely safe and comfortable as a sole female when I'm holidaying there.

PM me , badcat77 , and I'll give any further help if I can.

Have a great time!

Cyprus
Level Contributor
364 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestion for good place to stay for lone female

If you avoid guest houses in the old parts of towns you'll be fine.

Stay in any of the main tourist areas, take the common sense precautions and enjoy your hols.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestion for good place to stay for lone female

Now I'm curious.

What is wrong with guest houses? Is it the clientele these days? Not that I've ever stayed in them but I just wondered.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: suggestion for good place to stay for lone female

My mum stayed at the Nereus in the centre of Paphos on her own a few years ago. She chose it because it is very central and quite small in comparison to the main hotels in the resort.

She enjoyed her stay and said the staff looked after her very well.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
364 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: suggestion for good place to stay for lone female

Guest houses are usually very basic, to say the least, and most are used by people whose only concern is the price they'll pay and as a result the standards of maintenance and cleanliness may not be what most tourists would like.

But regarding badcat's query I was referring more to the matter of safety. Almost all guest houses are located in old city centers, parts of which can be empty of people at night (like in Limassol) or are near night clubs (Nicosia).

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: suggestion for good place to stay for lone female

Ok I understand. I'm sure you're right but I still find Cyprus cities safer than the UK. Any uneasiness I have felt has been from tourists ~ drunk and over familiar, not from Cypriots, who, IMO are generally reserved.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
364 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: suggestion for good place to stay for lone female

Koritsi, it's all relative but I would never compare London, where I've lived, with Cyprus in terms of safety, especially for a lone female late at night.

Thankfully Cyprus IS a safe place but a little care never hurt anyone.