We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

euros or cypriot pounds

yorkshire
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
euros or cypriot pounds

going to Dome Beach in June and need to know if euros are widely used or if i will need to take some cypriot pounds? Thanks

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
578 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: euros or cypriot pounds

Euros only.

If you have spare Cyprus money, take them to the Minister of Finance in Nicosia and they'll be converted into Euro at the correct exchange rate of 0.708601 cypriots pounds to 1 euro.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: euros or cypriot pounds

Thanks for that it was just something i read on the Thomas Cook tickets.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
780 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: euros or cypriot pounds

Cyprus pounds are no longer valid except through the Banks who convert at the original rate to Euros. You will get a good deal if you have some left from a previous holiday. I was told I had to go to Nicosia but the local Laiki at Paphos changed them for me. I presume the same could happen in Ayia Napa. The £price is still shown as a guide to the locals and confuses many tourists. Have a great holiday.

4. Re: euros or cypriot pounds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 07:22