We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money in cyprus

EXETER
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
money in cyprus

help . going to north Cyprus in May .

Where is the best place to change money

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: money in cyprus

Hello, to be honest i would recommend you change your money in your bank before travelling or in a local bank when you are here- the rates will certainly be better than in one of the smaller bureaux de change that you find all over the island. To get the best possible rate why not keep an eye on the exchange rate online in the days leading up to your visit. If you don't want to bring lots of cash with you you will be able to use your UK bank card to withdraw Euros here but you will be charged by your bank for this service

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money in cyprus

We always change ours in a local shop, they give you a better rate than the bank.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,286 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money in cyprus

We also find the local shops give the best rate.

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: money in cyprus

In the North the currency is the Turkish Lira but the € is accepted widely and they usually use a straight €1 = for 2 Lira, you will get a better rate than that at a local bank or currency exchange, I change my € for Lira when I go. I do not know how they treat £ exchange presumably no problems at banks and currency exchange but shops and restaurants I just do not know.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: money in cyprus

Dont change your money in hotels either they rip you off.look for shops with the boards out side and the exchange rate they are giving,walk around a bit -compare rates,I see the euro has perked up a bit today.Julie

6. Re: money in cyprus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2010, 05:19