We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the 3 must see / stay in cities / towns in Cyprus?

Dubai
1 post
Save Topic
What are the 3 must see / stay in cities / towns in Cyprus?

I'm travelling to Cyprus with my boyfriend (both in our early 30's) in early September for a week.

Where do you recommned we stay?

should we have just 1 hotel in Larnaca or stay in other parts of the island too?

hiring a car is not a pronblem, just need to narrow it down to 3 places to book separate hotels in.

Thank you

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the 3 must see / stay in cities / towns in Cyprus?

This would all depend on what you want to see and do.

Larnaca is a good central base if you want to explore and see the island from one place.

alternatively -

for beaches - Ayia Napa and Protaras have the best

Nightlife - Ayia Napa is the party town but you will also find plenty of nighlife in Nicosia and Limassol

History - Limassol and iots surrounding areas have lots of historical sights - Curium, Kolossi Castle, sanctuary of Apolo, Paphos also has excellent mosaics and other things to see. Nicosia has several museums plus you can explore the history of the divided city and walk over to the Turkish occupied side of the island.

Shopping - Nicosia is best but Limmasol is also very good.

Nature - Troodos mountains are very nice, peaceful and scenic. And also Akamas which is west of Paphos.

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the 3 must see / stay in cities / towns in Cyprus?

Cyprus is small and one end to the other is only a matter of 2 or 3 hours as there is good motorway system plus the B roads are usually good. For moving about Limassol is very well placed as a single base. If you want to have different bases then Polis, Limassol or Kakopetria and somewhere in the East.

To contrast Dubai I suggest Troodos and the Akamas area, for the major archaeological sites Pathos and Limassol for Kourion and Kolossi. I suspect Dubai shopping out does anything here so Nicosia for the old town and to cross into the North at Ledra Street for the contrast. But as said it depends on what you want.

3. Re: What are the 3 must see / stay in cities / towns in Cyprus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 06:23