We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurocypria

UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Eurocypria

I am wanting to book flights with Eurocypris for next June but on the website, nothing comes up when you search, so I am assuming that thye have not released the schedule for next year yet. Does anyone know when this should be released by as I'm eager to book!

Thanks

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurocypria

There is a great deal in the local press that the airline will merge with Cyprus Airways as both are effectively state owned and making losses. The merger is waiting for EU clearance.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurocypria

i think that they have not yet released their summer 11 schedule, as Fred says this could have something to do with the rumoured merger with CA. However why not contact them- there should be an e-mail on their website, they might have already made charter agreements with tour companies so you may be able to buy your flights that way

Hessle, United...
Level Contributor
364 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurocypria

They definitely have a contract with Thomas Cook as we have flown with them twice once to Cyprus and once to Crete both booked with Thomas Cook.

Bradford
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurocypria

Have you tried booking with Monarch? We have travelled to Larnaca three times with them and find them to be better that Eurocypria.

Bridlington, England
Level Contributor
82 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eurocypria

We booked our September flights to Larnaca from Humberside with Thomas Cook, but it was acutally a Eurocypria flight. Luckily we did not book the inflight meal option with Thomas Cook, as everyone on the plane was given a free meal both ways by Eurocypria, whether you had paid for a meal or not. I assume the charge for the meal goes straight into Thomas Cook's pocket!! Could not fault the flight and going out got extra leg room too!

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eurocypria

the recent reports in the local press suggest eurocypria can't afford to continue past November of this year, although the CTO are not happy with this as they say they have charter flights from Germany scheduled to arrive until March so they may lose out on tourists if these flights don't operate.

As far as I know no confirmed schedule's have been released yet for next year.

Often with big operators like Thomas Cook they put their holidays on sale up to 18 months before the travel dates. they plan their schedule's way ahead of anything that can be contracted with relevent airlines or confirmed with local airports. They then use the number of seats they have sold as a levy to get the deals they want. This is why flight changes often happen as they have to guess what flight time slots they will be given and if a route hasn't sold well it may be ditched or merged with another flight.

Although most of their flying programme is with their own airline, when they use other operators for regional departures these will always be subject to whatever agreement they reach with that airline and if that airline ceases to trade it is up to thomas cook to offer you an alternative flight as per their booking conditions.

7. Re: Eurocypria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 07:27