We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons, Limassol - a few questions.....

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Four Seasons, Limassol - a few questions.....

Hi

We are looking to stay at the Four Seasons in May and have a few questions......

1. Firstly, is May a good time to visit for weather? is it very warm?

2. It says that the hotel is 8km from Limassol city centre?....do they run a bus to get to it? what is there?

3. Is there any crazy golf anywhere?

4. We are going half board? what sort of food is available at the hotel? is there a cooked breakfast?

Thanks for your help!

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,084 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons, Limassol - a few questions.....

Hi Kerry

We have been going to the Four Seasons at least once a year since 1999. It is a fabulous hotel. Breakfast is great there is everything you could want available. Lots of cooked food. There is a lady who cooks eggs and omelettes etc to your requirements. There is a lot of fresh fruit, cereals, cakes, breads, cheese, salads etc. They come round to your table and serve fresh orange juice but there is every other kind of juice and water, sparkling wine etc available from the buffet. You can sit outside or in and if you sit outside you overlook the Koi Carp ponds. We always go B & B as we like to eat both in and out of the hotel. The restaurants are fantastic in the hotel. They also have themed evenings such as Cyprus nights etc.

We have been in May and had really hot weather.

Limassol is on a very long coast road and it is about 8k to the old town and you pass through the tourist area to get there. There is a number 30 bus that runs along the road about every 15 minutes.

There is a beach path at the back of the hotel which goes in both directions.

There isn't any crazy golf in the immediate area that I have noticed.

Anything else you would like to know just ask I would be pleased to help.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons, Limassol - a few questions.....

Hi,The weather should start warming up nicely in may,it may still be chilly in the evening,The number 30 bus stops outside the hotel and runs along the coastline 16km 2 euro all day fare or 10 for the week there is the tourist area or get off down by the old port Limassol Castle and the little narrow cobbled streets lined with shops.on the main road near the old port roundabout is a promenade and sculpture park which is pretty.I did know of one place for crazy golf in the tourist area but that one has long gone.Twigs is the best one to advise on the food in the Four Seasons she stays there alot.There is a nice coastal path from the four seasons,you can walk in either direction, as well as several good restaurants-bars in the area.Trips I would recommend are.Troodos Mountains,kourion ruins, Nicosia,Klossi Castle,or maybe visit Larnaca or Paphos.Julie

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons, Limassol - a few questions.....

Thanks for your replies!!!!.....Twigs, do people dress up for dinner when eating at the hotel?

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons, Limassol - a few questions.....

Sorry.....also on half board are the drinks included with breakfast and evening meal? thank you!! :)

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,084 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Seasons, Limassol - a few questions.....

Yes, they do. Not quite so much in the Cafe Tropical (which is also where you have breakfast) but in Mavrommatis, Vivaldi and the Chinese restaurant they do. It is the usual five star requirement of men in long trousers, no sandals, shirts or football shorts. Ladies just smart dress really.

Cafe Tropical is mainly outside dining at night and is where they have the themed evenings and entertainment it is a bit more casual but you don't see anyone looking scruffy.

They have a managers cocktail party on a Monday night which is really nice and lots of the managers are present and they are all really nice and friendly.

I love it I take all my posh frocks. Lots of smart locals come in and use the Vista terrace in the evening. It is a very smart hotel.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,084 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Seasons, Limassol - a few questions.....

Drinks with breakfast are included. When you sit down they ask you whether you want coffee or tea and whether you want orange or grapefruit juice and they bring that to your table. Then all the other drinks are on the buffet counters, such as water, other juices and even champagne or sparkling wine if you want it.

In the evenings it is just like any other restaurant you pay for your drinks.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Four Seasons, Limassol - a few questions.....

Can anyone tell me what it's like at the Troodos Mountains? do you have to climb them? thanks!

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,084 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Four Seasons, Limassol - a few questions.....

Hi Kerry

If you post a new thread in the Troodos forum Troodos Fred with give you lots of information as he lives there. We have been on organised trips to Troodos and driven up there as well. You can even get a bus from Limassol up to some of the villages. It is quite nice to go on an organised trip and perhaps take in the Kykkos Monastery. You don't have to climb them.

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Four Seasons, Limassol - a few questions.....

May is a great time up on Troodos, temperature is just right for walking, plenty of signed walks at all level of difficulties. Climbing is available, there is a place near Kyperounta that organizes and I suspect others. The villages are more authentic but access is best with a hired car, there are organised trips including the Jeep Safari and there is a bus service from around the castle area, not too sure exactly where as when I was last there some roads were closed for re-development. If you have a particular interest I will try and help with information.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,084 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Four Seasons, Limassol - a few questions.....

There are some videos of Troodos on You Tube.