We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in October

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in October

Hi,

Can anyone tell me from experience what sort of temperatures/weather conditions to expect mid October please.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
11,032 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in October

The weather in mid October is normally still very good. The sea is still warm so swimming is not a problem.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,205 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in October

October is my favourite month! Still high temps but lower humidity, and not yet cold in the evenings.

Happy travels!

Trisha

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in October

I've usually gone the first two weeks in October but find towards the end of the second week the weather is starting to "turn" on the eastern side of the island. Have had some rain at some point although it can be raining in Protaras but brilliant sunshine in Ayia Napa 5 miles down the road!

Mentioned in this post
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in October

October weather is little more windy and it occassionally rains.. but that only lasts for an ahour or so and it carries on with the usual sunshine

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in October

Thank you all for your replies.

Don't mind a bit of rain, as long as we can lie out in the sun and get a tan thats all we want.

Any suggestions on places to stay? We are looking at AI, dont want to spend too much, just want a relaxing holiday.

Thanks. :-)

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in October

We are going to the louis princess in larnica if its as good as louis phiophon that we stayed at last oct it will be great. Johno

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in October

Hi, we have had several holidays in Cyprus in Sept/Oct and we usually have better weather than in May, warmer in the evenings. We prefer Paphos side at that time of the year, you get lovely sunsets and everything is still open. It will be a hard decision for you to make but I would ask as many questions on this forum.We don't go all inclusive as we like to eat out and also go out to different beaches, the bus service is very good. Look at the Kefalos Beach hotel, not sure if it does all inclusive but the location is great. You are right next to the sea(the beach is rocky but you can get into the sea via steps) you can wlak into Paphos either by the coastal path or along the main road and it takes about 25mins. There are loads of restaurants along the main road, we loved it there last Sept/Oct. I think the main thing for you to do is decided where in Cyprus you want to be then start asking questions about various hotels and you will find something for sure. Good luck. Barbara

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Kefalos
Kefalos
Kos, Greece
Barbara
Barbara
51 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in October

Thanks for your suggestions.

Barbara, we have stayed in Coral Bay before but that was about 10 years ago so not sure how much has changed.

We would probably be thinking of Paphos area, defo want to go all incl though.

Thanks, Lisa

Mentioned in this post
Barbara
Barbara
51 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Coral Bay
Coral Bay
4,836 Reviews
Peyia, Cyprus
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in October

Hi there. I wondered whether you made it to Cuprus? We are hoping to book this October as its cheaper than Canaries.

Heidi.

Essex
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in October

Hi

What temp does it average at in October? I am travelling there on 16th October.