We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Cyprus No Uk tour operator

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
503 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
North Cyprus No Uk tour operator

I asked at my local travel agent about holidays in the North of Cyprus,

I was told no UK tour operator travels to N/Cyprus , asking what was the reason they explained the Hospitals and general medical health facilities were not upto UK standards, does anyone know if this is true?.

I was told the only company they deal with and can never get brochures was anatoliansky. I love the South of Cyprus and would like to stay in the North any help would be greta.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,705 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Cyprus No Uk tour operator

You don't need a tour operator. You can book flights to Ercan and accommodation on the internet. I book all my travel independenly these days. There is a mountain of info on the web - this site is a good place to start looking for accommodation.

I can't comment on:- "Hospitals and general medical health facilities were not upto UK standards" - I would think UK standards are questionable in some areas, and if that was a genuine reason no tour operators would arrange holidays to Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, India..............

Good luck.

Trisha

Edited: 07 June 2011, 18:37
Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,181 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Cyprus No Uk tour operator

Hi, you can book hotels in the north with travel republic, but they dont do flights, you could fly to Larnaca and make your own way there.Jilie

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,181 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Cyprus No Uk tour operator

Hi again I have just been looking on.

directtraveller.com they do a package to the north .Julie

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,265 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Cyprus No Uk tour operator

Hi

Just stayed in Northern Cyprus and other guests - British - at hotel who used operator (package) seemed to pay nearly £1k more than those who booked independently. We flew to Southern Cyprus, stayed in Paphos a few days, then our hotel in North (Bellapais Garden Hotel) collected us - they also arranged transferred back to airport in South. All fares were added to bill at checkout - another advantage of booking direct - nothing to pay except airfares until you leave. All currencies accepted, and crossing border is a doddle. Booked everything online / by email / websites.

Karla

Co Derry, NI
Level Contributor
160 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Cyprus No Uk tour operator

I have just returned from a lovely relaxing holiday in Northern Cyprus. We stayed just outside Kyrenia in a beautiful rented villa (with private pool) from Holiday-rentals.co.uk/cyprus, (Villa Donatella) and the property manager arranged our taxi from Larnaca, through border control (no problems) and had a hire car waiting for us at the villa.Taxi both ways totaled £100 and I think the car hire for the week was about £110. We were a family (Mum, Dad and 2 adult daughters) and we had a fabulous time. The villa was absolutely gorgeous and worked out much cheaper than any package deal. I can thoroughly recommend this to anyone wishing to visit Northern Cyprus, its not as commercial as the southern part, and has some beautiful beaches. Having our own private pool was a definite winner, with BBQ facilities and two very good restaurants within walking distance of the villa. Suggest you have a look at the properties available and have a holiday to remember. Enjoy it all.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
503 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North Cyprus No Uk tour operator

Thankyou so much for all your help.

Devon
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North Cyprus No Uk tour operator

Hi Gary, I would suggest you take a look at the Direct Traveller website, online brochure. This will give you an idea of the hotels in North Cyprus. You can then use this company or deal direct with the hotel of your choice. We have used this company and were very pleased with the service, but I now do it myself. Direct traveller will book flights via Ercan or if you prefer via Larnaca with transfer across the border. If you book your own flights and hotel the hotels will arrange pick ups from the airport.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
503 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North Cyprus No Uk tour operator

Thanks denwardie will take a look. I have also asked for help with another post about booking direct.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190372-i9179-k4…

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: North Cyprus No Uk tour operator

Hello Gary

Sadly there is a lack of Knowledge about Northern Cyprus by many UK travel agents (I should know as I was one).

Hospital and private clinic standards here, I would actually put higher than the NHS.

A good tour Operator being http://www.gonorthcyprus.com/ ,

for whom I now work.

Tickton, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: North Cyprus No Uk tour operator

Hello,

I am just looking at the Travelsphere website. They do a package holiday to Northern Cyprus. Looks pretty cheap too!

Helen.