We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

national holiday

ESSEX
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
national holiday

hi we are going to protaras on 10 august and ive been told that cyprus has it holidays then can anyone tell me when it starts and finishes thanks

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: national holiday

I'm not aware of any holidays in August.

Trisha

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: national holiday

August 15th is a public holiday but that should not affect the tourist in general. However August as a whole is when a lot of Cypriots take their own holidays and many small businesses will close but I do not think that this will involve the tourist side as they will be very busy with both internal and local holidaymakers. In the past there was a near complete shut down but this does not happen any more.

ESSEX
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: national holiday

hi trisha

thanks

ESSEX
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: national holiday

thanks for that !!!!

cant wait to go now

do you no what the weather will be in august someone said it was very hot

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: national holiday

August should be very hot, those Cypriots who can will migrate up Troodos where it is usually several degrees cooler and less humid. Coastal areas are better than Nicosia which can be horrible, If I have to go shopping my aim is to drive (air-conditioned) to a mall type area in Nicosia, park in the underground car park, shop in the air-conditioned mall and return up the mountain.

ESSEX
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: national holiday

great thanks for that !!!!

7. Re: national holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 21:20