We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyprus Currency Legal Allowance

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cyprus Currency Legal Allowance

Dear all,

I have checked the Embassy Web page and the Commonwealth site too but can't seem to find the answer to:

What is the legal limit of cash allowed to be taken onto a flight to Cyprus?

Thank you

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyprus Currency Legal Allowance

Not sure but £12,000 comes to mind maybe wrong

Kev

Bognor Regis...
Level Contributor
208 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyprus Currency Legal Allowance

As of 15 June 2007 if you are carrying 10,000 euros or more, or the equivilent amount in another currency, and are travelling to or from a non-EU country, you must complete a cash declaration form.

You do not need to declare cash if you are travelling to or from another EU country.

However, with cash amounts of £1,000.00 or more HM Revenue and Customs officers may seize the money if an officer has reasonable grounds to suspect that it is either the proceeds of, or is intended for use in, unlawful conduct.

Hope this helps.

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyprus Currency Legal Allowance

Dear Kev and Nautique,

Thank you for answering my question :)

Your replies were very informative and helpful! I really appreciate your time and can now relax and look forward to my journey.

Nat

4. Re: Cyprus Currency Legal Allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 13:18