We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning - weather in Cyprus :)

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Warning - weather in Cyprus :)

On local TV last night, the pancyprian channels warned us that the current hot ( very hot ) weather is going to continue until the end of November!

Pity us poor locals.

Deryneia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
291 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning - weather in Cyprus :)

Lucky old October visitors!!!

derby
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning - weather in Cyprus :)

Sounds wonderful as we are coming back in October! Expected it to be a bit cooler than when we were there in August, but I won't complain if it's not.

Only thing is, how can they know so far in advance? Weather forcasters here can't even get it right for next day!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warning - weather in Cyprus :)

8 degrees here today in Wigan so I'm looking forward to some heat at the end of the month.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,881 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warning - weather in Cyprus :)

Thanks Kath! I'm flying to Manchester later today for a long weekend and am reluctantly packing jeans, sweatshirts and boots, whilst roasting in about 90 degrees!

The shopping trips will make up for the awful weather ............

Trisha

Kent, England
Level Contributor
826 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Warning - weather in Cyprus :)

Not everywhere in the UK is cold today, it's a beautiful day here on the south coast about 20 c. It's not supposed to last though. Still, looking forward to our trip to Cyprus and swimming in the lovely warm sea in a couple of weeks.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warning - weather in Cyprus :)

Its easy to forecast the hot weather here in Cyprus Jill especially from May to October.

We had the same hot weather last year, Alassia, and that was until early December, if I remember well. Good though to publish it- CTO should do it as well!

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
757 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Warning - weather in Cyprus :)

Try and keep it going to 7th December if you can as that is when we will be leaving after 2 weeks based in Pissouri!!!

Nice day here in Cornwall but doom and gloom forecast for the weekend!

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Warning - weather in Cyprus :)

As Margory says, it's fairly easy to predict here. And yes, it may be an extension of last years weather.

I agree with you totally about the CTO, Margory. ( Remind me who are they? LOL)

9. Re: Warning - weather in Cyprus :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 07:17