We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

land in south stay in north

Malmesbury, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
256 reviews
Save Topic
land in south stay in north

Can anyone advise if it is possible to hire a car in Larnaca and take it to the north. If so is it insured and if so what is the add on against hiring and staying in south? Hope to be spending a week near Famagusta in the spring of 2012 and would like to have some ideas on hire or taxi then hire. Any advice appreciated.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: land in south stay in north

Most car hire companies don't let you take their cars to the north.

You asked : 'what is the add on against hiring and staying in south?'

-Sorry, I don't understand your question. Can you clarify, please?

Malmesbury, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: land in south stay in north

If you have to take a taxi to the north what is the cost of a trip each way, that to be compared with the additional cost of insurance for taking a car from the south to the north (if indeed that is possible) Hope that makes clear my question. The point I was trying to make was "is it cheaper to take a taxi from Larnaca and then hire in the north or take a hire car from Larnaca and pay what I assume would be extra insurance to cover travel in the north?

UK
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: land in south stay in north

It is around £55 each way for a taxi from Larnaca airport to the north. You would need to pre-book with a company in the north. We use birdrentacar.com.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: land in south stay in north

We booked with www.cyprus-car.com on our trip last month. You can take the vehicle into the north but you're on your own if something happens which is quite stressful especially as roads are not as good as in the south. 3rd party insurance is compulsory at the border crossings. I had no issues with this car company. Suggest if your staying in the north you get a taxi to where you want to go.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: land in south stay in north

Hi, just to add that if you hire in the north you cannot bring the car into the south.Julie

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: land in south stay in north

Msg 5. wrong, I'm sorry Off the top of my head just one of the car hire companies here that allow thier cars to be taken south aone-cyprusrentacar.com/contact-us/a-one-onl…

Edited: 24 September 2011, 11:23
7. Re: land in south stay in north

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 05:16