We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Cyprus... where abouts?

Nuneaton
Level Contributor
179 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
North Cyprus... where abouts?

I have holidayed in Turkey for the past few years, making 11 trips in 7 years. I love it, but feel the need to explore further affield. My husband lived in Cyprus as a child and wants to revisit the places he knew then. I think a good compromise would be Turkish Cyprus but have no idea where to start looking... thoughts please!

We like culture history and scenery, a bit of livliness without too much English influence( Not Blackpool or Marmaris) restaurants and bars rather than night clubs.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Cyprus... where abouts?

Perthaps I'm biased, but Kyrenia ticks all those boxes and offers the widest choice of accomodation.

Despite what you may be told You can take a hire car South if you wish to explore the whole island.

Nuneaton
Level Contributor
179 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Cyprus... where abouts?

is the north Lira or Euro? I have absolutely no knowledge of the island at all....

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Cyprus... where abouts?

Turkish Lira and 2.9TL = £1 Today, The South is Euro

4. Re: North Cyprus... where abouts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 08:20