We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to pay for a Parking fine?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
How to pay for a Parking fine?

Got a quick question for the regulars on TA in Cyprus...

We hired a car in cyprus and parked in Larnaca on the side of the road. Anyway, to cut the story short, we were fined with €25 as we were parked illegally.

Anyone out there know how we pay for this fine? Do the car hire company normally pay this off for us, obviously we'll pay the car hire company what we owe!

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to pay for a Parking fine?

Are you still in Cyprus? Have you spoken with the car hire company? I think you should notify them and they will advise you.

Seems the simplest way forward?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to pay for a Parking fine?

Yes we are still in Cyprus. We heard we could pay at a police station so we went there, but we were advised to go to a post office and we'll get a receipt. Anyway, it's Sunday, so I'm gonna enjoy my daiquiri now and get to the post office tomorrow morning! If still no luck, we'll give the car hire company a call...

Thanks!

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to pay for a Parking fine?

Hi idyc

Since you have internet access, traffic fines can now be paid online, using a credit card through www.police.gov.cy (in Greek) or www.jccsmart.com (English and Greek).

Apparently, they stopped accepting payment at the police stations in January this year.

Another option would be via any major bank.

It's a pity you've had this hassle - especially since so many park on pavements here without being ticketed. (:

Relax and enjoy your daiquiris! :)

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,689 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to pay for a Parking fine?

I would try to pay it asap and advise the hire company that you have done so. Depends on the company, but they often add on a hefty "admin charge" if they get involved.

Happy travels!

Trisha

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to pay for a Parking fine?

The OP said he would go tomorrow and do it himself so no admin charges should be added. It's easier to do it online or at any bank now.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to pay for a Parking fine?

Thanks for all your replies!

I tried going online to pay but thats only applicable if the fine was issued by the police!

We were issued with a parking ticket which was on a green bit of paper. Anyway, it turns out that we had to pay that at the post office. There was a €1.75 admin fee and we got a carbon copy of a receipt.

This parking ticket actually helped us get out of bed early as the post office is shut at 1.30!!

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
789 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to pay for a Parking fine?

Glad you got it sorted idyc - and thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday :)

Limassol, Limassol...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How to pay for a Parking fine?

I nee to pay a parking fine which is in a green color pepper, and today is the last day. How do i pay it through on line. When i search

(https://v2.jccsmart.com/Police/payment.aspx?pt=ttp&ci=en-GB )

this site they asking for the ticket number but the number which is on my ticket 80852 when i entered is showing the ticket number is not found. can you please help me how do i pay this ticket fine.

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How to pay for a Parking fine?

I think parking tickets on green paper are from the municipality and are paid at the parking office or post office. Since it is Orthodox Easter I doubt that they will be open. JCCSmart portal does have facilities to pay municipality fines for some areas so that may be apossibility. I am not in Cyprus using tablet and can not follow through JCCSmart site as browser problems went far enough to see that on-line payments could be possible. Sorry for speling big fingers and I have not yet fiund spell check for browser.

10. Re: How to pay for a Parking fine?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 07:41