We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go in Cyprus?

doncaster
Level Contributor
21 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
where to go in Cyprus?

Hi all,

Next Nov. we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary & would like to spend it in Cyprus. We have never been before so would be grateful if anyone could recommend which part of the island to visit. We do like peace & quite & love to explore & soak up the history & culture where ever we go (not party animals). Also we understand it will not be red hot in Nov. but if anyone could give us a rough idea of the weather that would be great, lets be honest it will be a damm sight better than Yorkshire in November.

Hope someone can help.

Malcolm.

Edited: 30 November 2011, 16:24
Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to go in Cyprus?

Hi, look at the reviews for the Kefalos Beach hotel just outside of paphos. We were there 2 years ago and it is in a lovely position. The beach isn't that brilliant but you do get sunbeds near to the sea edge, and if you can get a apt/studio at the front facing the seayou will see some amazing sunsets. You can walk along the coastal path to Paphos, about 30minutes or walk to the main road where you find lots of good reataurants. I don't think you will be disappointed. Barbara

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,299 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to go in Cyprus?

Hi Malcolm

At that time of year you will find peace and quiet in most towns in Cyprus as the main holiday season has finished. For history and culture I would recommend Paphos and suggest car hire for 2/3 days so you can explore further afield. As it is a quiet period you should choose the location of your accommodation carefully so you don't find yourselves too isolated with no company.

This November we had higher rainfall than is usual, but it was concentrated in a 7 day period. The last 10 days have been in the mid 60's F with bright sunny days. The evenings are cold and for that reason I would recommend staying in a hotel as opposed to an apartment or villa. Hotels have much better heating than private accommodation.

Happy travels!

Trisha

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
11,203 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to go in Cyprus?

I agree with Trisha that Paphos is good for history and culture. If you are thinking of hiring a car you could really stay anywhere on the island and travel to visit anywhere that you like fairly easily at that time of year.

We stayed in Pissouri in March which was out of season and fairly quiet and we loved it but that was because we hired a car and travelled around by day and then had a stunning hotel to come back to. We stayed at the Columbia Beach Resort.

We have also stayed in Limassol and Paphos out of season and again it was so enjoyable in part because of the hotels we stayed in In Paphos we have stayed at the Amathus Beach and the Elysium out of season and in Limassol the Four Seasons, the Amathus Beach and the Mediterranean Beach. I think that when you go out of season it is great to have a nice hotel where there is always plenty of activity. Also any of these hotels would be great for a fantastic 25th anniversary celebration.

There are many other hotels that would be great to stay in but I mention the above just from personal experience of lively hotels in the winter time.

Troodos Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to go in Cyprus?

There is a lot more to Cyprus than the coast so for a special holiday why not consider staying on Troodos but a car is essential. I suggest Kakopetria a historic area and I suggest that you look at the Mill in Kakopetria. I do suggest check for up-to-date reviews as I have not stayed there since 2008 as I moved into my house in that year. The rooms are excellent and it is a restored water mill. For food there the Mill restaurant, Linos Tavern or at the top of the Old Town the Argentinian Steak House.

For other choices look at agrotourism for a wide range of different locations.

November should be cool at night but warm in the day, there could be rain but usually not for prolonged spells

doncaster
Level Contributor
21 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to go in Cyprus?

Hi Trisha,

Many thanks for the reply, Pathos is somewhere we will seriously think about & hiring a car & exploring is something we've thought about.

Many thanks,

Malcolm

6. Re: where to go in Cyprus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 18:15