We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tricky visa doubt

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
tricky visa doubt

Here is my situation. We will like to visit Northen Cyprus in April of 2012. There are 2 of us - 1 is Malaysian citizen and 1 is China citizen but both of us are currency staying in Poland and we are holding the temperory resident card of Poland. First of all we will fly to Cyprus from Poland. Going to Cyprus for us is OK as we have the temperory resident card of Poland .

But we have a doubt here. Do we need to apply any kind of visa to go to Northen Cyprus from South Cyprus? If yes how can we apply them?

Thank you for your time .

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tricky visa doubt

Well i cant speak for your particular situation , but generally all you need to do is to go to a border crossing point ( with passport ) fill in a form and they give you a visa ( well a small piece of paper ) and off you go , ( did this only last month ) , but it maybe worth you contacting the Turkish embassy before you go to clarify your situation , save any potential hassle ..

Simon . .

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tricky visa doubt

Hi thanks for your reply..

yes I just write to the Foreign department of Northen Cyprus and what they said is the way you said, visa on paper on the border :)

thanks

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tricky visa doubt

Cool , Oh and dont forget if you drive over check your insurance ! . .

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
241 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tricky visa doubt

OK but lucky i dont drive so I dont need to check them :)

but thanks for telling :)

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tricky visa doubt

Only Nigerians and Albanians need pre approved Visas, but you may have to show that you have finances to support your stay.

6. Re: tricky visa doubt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:42