We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is 2 week too long?

Carpi, Italy
Level Contributor
142 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
is 2 week too long?

it is my first trip to cyprus..

is it too long to visit only the south?

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is 2 week too long?

No - there's plenty to fill 2 weeks in the South.

2. Re: is 2 week too long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2007, 12:31
London
Level Contributor
419 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is 2 week too long?

No, there is tons to see. But it depends what you like to do on holiday. If you like history and archeological sites you'll be spoilt for choice. There's also the Troodos mountains to explore, with villages and monastaries. Nicosia is also another worthwhile visit. There are also some lovely beaches.

Have a great holiday on this beautiful island.

Mentioned in this post
Troodos Hotel
Troodos Hotel
252 Reviews
Troodos, Cyprus
Nicosia
Nicosia
Nicosia District, Cyprus
Hants, UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is 2 week too long?

In 2 weeks you can only just scratch the surface of what is available. No idea of your age or interests but visit the Cyprus Tourist Office in your area when you arrive. Listen to your Holiday Rep. and between the two you should find plenty to see and do. Bird parks, Archaeological sites, unspoilt villages. From Limassol take the bus to Governors Beach for a day, they collect from all the hotels and apartments along the sea front take you to the Cove and then bring you back about 4.0p.m.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Limassol
Limassol
Limassol District, Cyprus
Governor's Beach
Governor's Beach
383 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Greece
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is 2 week too long?

Two weeks are not enough! You have to see Pafos, Ayia Napa, Nicosia, go up to the mountains, visit archaelogical sites, enjoy some amazing beaches. If you are going July or August I would suggest to spend only 1 day in Nicosia just to get the feeling but don't stay longer as it is extremely hot. I would spend 5 days in Pafos, 5 days in Ayia Napa and then either Limassol and drive around to the mountains etc. Why don't you find a chain of hotels that can offer you a package at each city! I had stayed at Faros Hotel in Ayia Napa and loved it and going back in a couple of months and I know they have 2 more hotels in Cyprus in different cities, so maybe you contact them and have a specially designed package. Don;t have an e-mail but I am sure you can find one at www.vavlitishotels.com.

Whatever you do I am sure you will enjoy the island.

Mentioned in this post
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Nicosia
Nicosia
Nicosia District, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
Limassol District, Cyprus
Faros Hotel
Faros Hotel