We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greetings all!

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Greetings all!

I have spent a couple days going through the threads and I thank you for the background info. I will, none the less, ask some perhaps silly questions!

My wife, myself and our 10 yr old would like to come for about a week mid July, we can only fly into Larnaca .

Being on or very near the beach is important for my wife and daughter and I must have internet because I will need to work :-(.

We want to be close to reasonably priced restaurants and also a vibrant "promenade" but not so close we can't sleep at night!

it seems Protaras might be good for us, is it complicated to get there from the airport without a taxi as they seem expensive? I see a bus runs is it reliable? Or should we find somewhere closer to the airport?

In general should we look for an apartment? I get the impression there are reasonably priced supermarkets and whilst we may very well go out for dinner we may not.

Thank you for your time!

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Greetings all!

Try & pre-book a transfer as it's much cheaper and quicker. Have a look at www.grabthatcab.com for an idea on pricing to Protaras. If your considering Protaras also have a look at Pernera, it may well suit you better as you'll have the best of both worlds, peace & quiet when it suits at your apartments / villa & only a short bus ride into Protaras or a pleasant stroll along the sea path

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Greetings all!

Hi, for your taxi transfer check out, travelsupermarket,under extras, lowcostholidays-travel republic have offers now-again.have you thought about staying in Larnaca. There is a great promenade- beach right in the town centre.buses leave from there to a number of places, and they are reliable

the Livhoistious is a good place to stay, only a stones throw from the beach-prom but away from noise at night.

for a good standard apt, look on.

holidaylettings.co.uk

ownersdirect.co.uk

Julie

3. Re: Greetings all!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2013, 10:20