We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area to stay in????????

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
409 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Which area to stay in????????

Hi

My husband & I are thinking of visiting Cyprus at the end of September for 2 weeks & wondered if someone could give us some advice on the best areas to stay. We are a couple in our early 50's, don't want anywhere rowdy but don't want to be in a "ghost town", somewhere with some nice restaurants & bars & somewhere to walk round on an evening would be great.

Any advice would be appreciated

Many thanks

Jane

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which area to stay in????????

Hi, we like Ayia Napa,Protarus but for Sept. I love Paphos as youget the most wonderful sunsets over the sea. The weather is usually brilliant. The pools are warm and so is the sea. One of my favourite places to stay is the Kefalos Beach hotel, read the reviews and you will get the idea. It will depend on what price you have in mind. Another favourite place is the Akti village, a similar place to stay but a bit further towards Coral bay and there isn't much surrounding it so you either eat at the Akti or walk up a track(don't be put off its not as bad as it sounds) and catch a bus into Paphos. The pool area is wonderful, with stunning views and we love it there as it does work out a bit cheaper than the Kefalos.I think if you read the hotel reiveiws of Paphos you may get a better idea of where you want to stay. Barbara

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which area to stay in????????

Hi,have a look at Pernera, about 20 minutes from Ayia Napa. there is enough to do there,but not over the top, lovely coast path for walks.plus some nice restaurants-bars. better beaches than Coral bay.Julie

Westhoughton...
Level Contributor
235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which area to stay in????????

Hello Jane,

I cannot comment on resorts on the Eastern side of the island, however, Paphos on the West Coast may suit your needs.

September is an ideal month to visit Cyprus as the heat of the day begins to dimish but the sea & pool temepratures remain high from the long summer warming.

Paphos is what I would class as a working resort town, with areas catering for tourists but a fully functioning town as well, with commerce & light industry making Paphos an all year round resort.

The Harbour is a wonderful place to sit and people watch with countless bars and restaurants catering for all types, if you fancy a quick snack or gourmet meal.

There are many historical atrractions such as the Mosaics, Tombs of the Kings, St Paul's Pillar just to name a few, all within walking distance of the Harbour which has recently been re-developed.

There are many places to stay, but I would recommend, if independently travelling, book your flight, then find your accommodation.

If you would like any specific pointers, then send me a message.

Regards

Stewart

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which area to stay in????????

I agree with Stewart, September is a great month to visit Cyprus and Paphos may well be a good place for you. As well as all of the above you can stroll along the beach path to the harbour and there are certainly plenty of restaurants to choose from.

Parts of Limassol may also fit your requirements but probably not the tourist area, though even there it is not rowdy.

I am sure which ever resort you decide upon someone will be able to give some more advice about accommodation etc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which area to stay in????????

Another good post from Stewart :) - September is a lovely month to visit - unfortunately I have to visit in school holidays now, but the sea is still warm, the frantic rush of summer has calmed down. Some fantastic places to visit - you must try the village of Omodhos - it is like a living museum on Cyprus in the past. Not sure of your budget but the Athina Royal gets very good recommendations on trip advisor and it is adult only.

Good Luck.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which area to stay in????????

No ghost towns in Cyprus during September. All towns in Cyprus would fit your requirements. Any other particular interests?

7. Re: Which area to stay in????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2012, 16:41
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which area to stay in????????

Hi Jane

Paphos is great. We stayed at a complex off Tomb of the Kings Road called Royal Seacrest which was very central for us. We walked everywhere, there are supermarkets close by, bars + restuarants as well. These are self-catering apartments. We booked through Elite Properties their website is www.cypruseliteproperties.com

Hope you find what you are looking for

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which area to stay in????????

I agree Paphos is far better then anywhere else in Cyprus, may not have the best beaches but what it fails on it makes up with things to see and do

Kev

10. Re: Which area to stay in????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 10:18