We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyprus in March - Weather & location??

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 posts
Save Topic
Cyprus in March - Weather & location??

We are planning a last minute trip in mid-March and thinking of Cyprus. Appreciate that the water will not be warm for a perfect beach holiday, but can someone provide an idea of how warm / cold it will be?

We are also unsure between East (Protreas) and West (Paphos) for this time of year, can someone recommend.

We are looking for a nice relaxing holiday with access to good restaurants. Thanks

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyprus in March - Weather & location??

Hi, protaras will be still be pretty dead mid march paphos will still be fairly quiet., to be honest if you visit Cyprus at that time of year, you would be better off staying in Larnaca or Limassol, where everything is open all the year round.

The weather mid march can still be unsettled, may be quite warm one minute, rain the next. it is still very cold in the evenings, best to dress in layers for the daytime .

have you looked at Kapparis around a ten minute drive from protaras, it is a smaller resort, but everything opens all year.

kapparis.info

Julie

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyprus in March - Weather & location??

As Julie says, it will be dead in Protaras/Ayia Napa and Pernera. Kapparis is all year round but it is predominently an ex pat area. Sorry to say but sea and pools will be cold and the weather is still unpredicable. Although Cyprus still continues to be advertised as a sunshine all year round island, it is not. They have had a very cold, wet winter with plenty of storms. If its just a relaxing holiday by the pool or beach with a book, you are a bit too early. However if you fancy hiring a car and exploring the island then it is a lovely time. You may get some sunny days but it will certainly still be cold in the evenings. I've been at the beginning of May and still found it cool in the evening.

Paphos is all year round but that too will be very quiet mid March.

Limassol and Larnaca are working towns so everything will be open.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
811 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyprus in March - Weather & location??

We've been to Paphos a couple of times in March and found enough open to keep us occupied , certainly quite a few evening restaurants, some with open fires that time of year. Some daytimes were t shirt weather, other times needed a cardi, something warm is needed in the evening. Sea and pools were too cold for us but we did see people in both.

It is an ideal time of year for exploring with a car ,and the island is so lovely and green compared to the summer, daytime temps were 20 maximum if i remember rightly , you could sit outside and have lunch most days. Rain and wind are a possibility though.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyprus in March - Weather & location??

Not sure where you live or if you've booked your flight but I've just booked with Monarch Airlines, going 14th March to 25th from Manchester to Larnaca - £159.

I can recommend Kapparis. It's just 10 mins from Protaras. It's a small friendly place and most things are open. It has a lovely beach (if we're lucky enough to get he weather). It's called Firemens beach. Whatever the weather you'll always find a few hardened locals in the sea brrrr

I was there the first 2 weeks in December and found that if you got yourself in a sheltered spot in the sun it was sunbathing weather BUT in the shade and at night you needed your fur coat!!!

It's also a good base if you decide to get a car, It's quite close to the Turkish border so you can visit that side too if you fancy.

Have fun.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,168 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cyprus in March - Weather & location??

I agree with the above but we went to Pissouri on 23 March last year and had great weather. We were able to eat our breakfast outside by the pool every day. We hired a car and travelled around and went to Paphos several times and it was actually quite busy. I wore cut off trousers and a t-shirt most of the time for sight seeing but we were also able to sunbathe by the pool.

It obviously can be hit and miss but we were extremely lucky.

Durham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Cyprus in March - Weather & location??

where is the best place to go for sun in march only want seven days not to far away thanx

carlzcee
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cyprus in March - Weather & location??

Hi

Going to Cyprus first week of March does anyone think I am dreaming if it's going to be beach weather? So gutted bought the holiday on the understanding that it was a winter sun destination but really starting to challenge my judgement and feel like av been mislead and that's it's gonna be freezing cold and boring for my little boy he's going to be 3yr old when we go

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cyprus in March - Weather & location??

Hi,The weather in the first week in March is unpredictable, I have had a mixture of nice warm sunshine and heavy rain in the same week, but you should get some sunshine. It has been said that you can experience four seasons in one day in Cyprus at wintertime, snow on the mountains in the morning and sunbathe in your resort in the afternoon.The best thing to do at that time of year is to dress in layers and it is cold in the evenings.It may be warm enought to walk along the beach but it will be too cold for a dip in the sea. Where are you staying if you are in Limassol you might catch the carnival.have a look on wonderground or accuweather for a rough guide to temps.Julie

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,168 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cyprus in March - Weather & location??

Don't despair carlzcee. It won't be wall to wall sunshine but it won't be "cold and freezing" either. We have had great holidays in Cyprus out of season. We have sat in the sun even in December so I am sure you will enjoy at least some sunshine. Which part of Cyprus are you going to? I hope your little boy has a great holiday.

Grimsby, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Cyprus in March - Weather & location??

Hi, we are going to Cyprus first week in march too & like you we are quite worried about the weather and just dont know what to expect! We will take lots warm clothes to be safe......wish we had booked for somewhere further afar but hey ho it may turn out ok