We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost Towns/Varosha

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
251 reviews
Save Topic
Ghost Towns/Varosha

Where is the best bit of Cyprus to see the deserted villages/towns? I believe you can't actually get into Varosha but that you can walk along the beach and see all the deserted buildings along the seafront? Is this correct?

Are there any other places where it would be good to see deserted villages?

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghost Towns/Varosha

No, you cant walk along the beach, Its still sealed off, (though there is a report in todays milliyet of it being returned …milliyet.com.tr/hayalet-kent-maras-aciliyor…

I always get a good few from the Palm Beach Hotel (Arkin Palm beach, in the North).

There are deserted villages north and south.

derbyshire, uk
Level Contributor
138 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghost Towns/Varosha

We went on a jeep tour round the edges of the ghost town you could see into the abandoned buildings then we stopped at a nearby beach in front of all the deserted hotels where there was an armed guard preventing you from taking pictures. You could see clearly into the abandoned hotels and homes.

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ghost Towns/Varosha

Hi, stay in Pernera, and do the red bus tour.I highly recommend the famagusta day trip.

redbuscyprus.com

Julie

Edited: 27 March 2012, 12:17
4. Re: Ghost Towns/Varosha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2013, 09:23