We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To buy or not to buy?? - Euros

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
To buy or not to buy?? - Euros

The euro has hit 1.22. This time last year it was 1.14. What's the views on changing holiday money now or waiting to see if it goes up further?

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To buy or not to buy?? - Euros

depends when you are going Kath, I am hoping the euro will climb a bit more by sept,are you paying commission for the exchange, you may do better over there going to one of the kiosks offering no commission.Julie

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To buy or not to buy?? - Euros

Hi Julie,

Going 6th June. I never pay commission. Usually get a better rate in Cyprus so will probably just get the minimum now and hope it rises. Has to be better than the last few years surely.

uk
Level Contributor
331 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To buy or not to buy?? - Euros

I bought mine this morning in M&S x

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To buy or not to buy?? - Euros

I did hear some advice on the radio to buy now. I know nothing but my ears pricked up when I heard that.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
912 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To buy or not to buy?? - Euros

We just ordered one of those FairFX cards via moneysupermarket. Our daughter tried one out last October and it seemed to work ok in Cyprus. You can then preload euros onto it at any time you think the exchange rate is good, or you have spare cash! I think we will hedge our bets and put some on it now and then wait and see what happens.We will have cash and other cards just in case of any problems with the card.

6. Re: To buy or not to buy?? - Euros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:41