We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun, short flights, 1st week in Nov, young kids, any ideas?

London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sun, short flights, 1st week in Nov, young kids, any ideas?

Any ideas for sunshine, short flights and children's fun in early November gladly received.

Later this year, I'm celebrating a BIG birthday! I would like to celebrate with a holiday in the sun, with my children who will be three and nearly five and my husband. This would be during the October half term (which unfortunately falls in November this year!). I would like to be near a sandy beach and have a playpark, children's club, children's pool and entertainment etc. Don't want to spend an absolute fortune or have flights that are too long. Possibly thinking Tunisia or Cyprus at the moment but am open to suggestions/recommendations. Any ideas for sunshine, short flights and children's fun in November gladly received. Particularly interested in hotel tips and advice. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Larnaca, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaca
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun, short flights, 1st week in Nov, young kids, any ideas?

I believe Cyprus should be considered as a child friendly destination with great beaches particularly on the eastern coast, so that would satisfy your requirements. The weather should be nice ( statistically speaking, and although this year was not the case), you have still many days of sunshine and temperatures around 20 deg Celcius. However, not many people continue to swim at this time of year, so if the kids would like to swim, you'd propably try to find a heated pool ( which hotels usually have).

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun, short flights, 1st week in Nov, young kids, any ideas?

Unfortunately on the eastern side of the island which has the best beaches, the tourist season ends at the end of October so there won't be many places open in November. Paphos, Limassol or Larnaca would be an option as these are all year round destinations

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
Limassol District, Cyprus
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Kent, England
Level Contributor
876 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun, short flights, 1st week in Nov, young kids, any ideas?

The Canary islands might be a better option in November, the flying time is the same as Cyprus, resorts are open all year.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun, short flights, 1st week in Nov, young kids, any ideas?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Good tip about the heated pool- I will bear that in mind.

x

London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun, short flights, 1st week in Nov, young kids, any ideas?

Great, will look into Paphos, Larnaca and Limassol.

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
London, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sun, short flights, 1st week in Nov, young kids, any ideas?

will also look at Canaries, thanks.

x

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,847 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun, short flights, 1st week in Nov, young kids, any ideas?

The flight to Cyprus is 4 1/2 hours. I think Tunisia is less than that but not as warm in November.

Cyprus would be great in November but as Kath says not the Eastern side at that time of year.

Half term must be really late this year.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun, short flights, 1st week in Nov, young kids, any ideas?

Hi, take a look at the Atlantica Oasis or Atlantica Miramre beach hotels in Limassol, both hotels have good entertainment for Children.Julie

Mentioned in this post
Atlantica Oasis Hotel
Atlantica Oasis Hotel
2,370 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
9. Re: Sun, short flights, 1st week in Nov, young kids, any ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2013, 10:16