We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Larnaca airport to Paphos

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
161 reviews
Save Topic
Larnaca airport to Paphos

Hi all, looking at a holiday to Veronica Hotel in Paphos through Sunmaster, going just after Christmas. The flights to Larnaca are £600 cheaper than to Paphos Airport, so obviously would prefer to pay less and go to Larnaca. If we hire a car, how easy is it to drive from Larnaca to Paphos and how long does it take? What are petrol prices like in Cyprus? Lastly, are restaurants open at this time of year and attractions open? Any help gratefully received :-)

Mentioned in this post
Veronica Hotel
Veronica Hotel
713 Reviews
Paphos, Cyprus
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,738 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Larnaca airport to Paphos

Sounds like a big saving I would go for it. Even if you had a taxi both ways you would save. See this website http://www.grabthatcab.com/priceslca.htm

It would probably take just over an hour from Larnaca to Paphos depending on the traffic.

Things will be open over Christmas and New Year but January is the quietest month. If anyone is going to close that would be the month that they would do it. Having said that I am sure you will find lots of things open.

Mentioned in this post
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Larnaca airport to Paphos

Hi,first of all it will take you one approx 1 and a half hours from Larnaca to Paphos.The roads are well signposted and it is a straight forward drive.

If you use a cab even the one recommended above it is going to cost you about,€120 euro each way. Take a look at A2B transfers use the shuttle. how may of you are there to be transferred, if two or 3 A2B should work out much cheaper I use them all the time, they are reliable I would not recommend a firm that I have never used.

some of the attractions like water parks close at the end of Oct.Maybe you could look at limassol, take a look at Olympic they do good deals on hotels esp at that time of year, easyjet are good for flights to paphos, you may find something there but I would say Larnaca/limassol will be busier than paphos they don,t rely so much on tourists.Julie

Mentioned in this post
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
794 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Larnaca airport to Paphos

I would also suggest A2B. You will have been travelling sometime by the time you arrive in Larnaca and then driving a car along roads you don't know would not be very sensible. It is a straightforward road but would still be around 1 and a half to 2 hours drive.

Hire a car from about the third day after your arrival. You will find some restaurants open fairly close to the Veronica.

Will you be there Jan 6th? There is an Epiphany ceremony at the harbour that morning. This includes a small procession and then some young men diving into the sea to rescue a cross the Bishop throws in.

Quite a few restaurants do close for winter but you will not go hungry.

I wonder if Limassol might be better for you.

Mentioned in this post
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
Limassol District, Cyprus
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,738 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Larnaca airport to Paphos

www.a2btransfers.com/results.asp…

Just for comparison here is a link to A2B.

They state 90 mins for the transfer and £238.60 each way.

Grab that Cab state €97 daytime and €114 at night.

I agree with cypriotpal that you may not want to drive immediately you arrive in Cyprus especially if you arrive at night. Also I agree that Limassol would be a a good option as is it a lot nearer to Larnaca airport unless you have set your heart on the Veronica Hotel and Paphos.

Mentioned in this post
Veronica Hotel
Veronica Hotel
713 Reviews
Paphos, Cyprus
Larnaca Airport
Larnaca Airport
Larnaca, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Limassol
Limassol
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Larnaca airport to Paphos

Twigs how on earth did you find a total of £238 each way, how many people did you base your search on, I ran up a search with random dates on 2 people at £122 each way, but I did state use the shuttle not taxi, but they appear to have taken the Larnaca-Paphos shuttle off.

Resort hoppa do the transfer for 2 people for £111. each way.

Yes I agree with both of you that Limassol or even Larnaca would be a better location I suggested this in my previous post.,or maybe change the flight into paphos, I don,t know who the poster looked up flights with but I know EJ are cheap in january.

Getting back to transfers if the poster chooses limassol the A2B shuttle is still on the list there. Julie

Mentioned in this post
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
6. Re: Larnaca airport to Paphos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 06:16