We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyprus: Paphos vs. Limassol

Ziar nad Hronom...
Level Contributor
41 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Cyprus: Paphos vs. Limassol

Hello there travelers,

I would like to ask a question, I am going to Cyprus on July 29 for one week, and can not decide where to stay. Whether in Paphos or Limassol. What are the pros and cons? I am interested in beaches, city life, trips around the island, and maybe short trip/ visit to/of Beirut.

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Peter.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyprus: Paphos vs. Limassol

Beaches and night life- not many differences between the two

City life for a tourist prospective- IMO, Limassol

Trips around the island-Limassol is more central, and the most closer city to the mountain resorts and wine villages

Trip to Beirut-Limassol as the main port is located there

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyprus: Paphos vs. Limassol

I think LImassol might suit you better for the reasons that margory gives. It is very easy to get around the island from Limassol. The town has become quite lively over recent years. There are some reasonable stretches of beach. The number 30 bus will take you the whole length of the beach road so it is easy to get around within Limassol.

Paphos has more archaeological sites and is a bit more walkable although again has a good bus service.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyprus: Paphos vs. Limassol

Hi, I think you would be better off in Limassol, both kurion ruins and klossi Castle are within easy reach so is Aphrodite's,s rock, there is also an archaeological site on the eastern edge of limassol, and not forgetting Limassol castle down at the old port.

take a look at.

varianostravel.com

for your visit to Beirut Julie

Ziar nad Hronom...
Level Contributor
41 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyprus: Paphos vs. Limassol

Thank you very much guys for your advice.

And about the Beirut, has anyone done that trip from Cyprus?

Thanks.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cyprus: Paphos vs. Limassol

I think you would enjoy either Paphos or Limassol, and it's only a 45 minute drive from one to the other so easy to see both.

Regarding your trip to the Lebanon, the local newspaper had an article stating that Ryanair are starting to fly there from Paphos this month. Worth a look at their website,.

Happy travels!

Trisha

Ziar nad Hronom...
Level Contributor
41 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cyprus: Paphos vs. Limassol

Thanks Trisha.

I'm thinking I will rather stay in Paphos. Anyway is also where I will be landing. If the differences between these two cities are not so big, it doesn't matter where I will stretch down on the beach.

About the Ryanair flight to Lebanon - nothing yet about it on their website.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cyprus: Paphos vs. Limassol

No - I can't find anything on the website either.

However, front page of the Paphos Post last Friday.....

"Charter flights connecting Paphos and Lebanon due to commence this month. The inaugural flight will be on July 13th....."

Doesn't look like you're going to get there on this visit!

Trisha

Ziar nad Hronom...
Level Contributor
41 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cyprus: Paphos vs. Limassol

Maybe I'll use the Cyprus Airways: direct flight from Larnaca to Beirut in 45 minutes. But the price is much higher in compare with Ryanair's prices. Never mind... I'll see when I get to Cyprus :)

9. Re: Cyprus: Paphos vs. Limassol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 06:16