We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etiquette for mosque

uk
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Etiquette for mosque

I have seen lots of info in the tourist books about mosques that are open to the public but I am concerned that as a westerner and a female to boot this may not be considered appropriate.While I would like to learn about and experience the culture of Cyprus, the last thing I want to do is give offence - or land up in gaol!

Any advice please.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Etiquette for mosque

No bare arms or Short skirts and a scarf over your hair.

Camborne, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Etiquette for mosque

As above, and no shoes either.

uk
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Etiquette for mosque

Thanks for the info which seems easy to comply with. I am looking forward to meeting people and thought you might say that women/ foreingers were not welcome.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Etiquette for mosque

Not at all , Islam knows no creed or colour

5. Re: Etiquette for mosque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2013, 10:16