We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing the border into North Cyprus in a car

London, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Crossing the border into North Cyprus in a car

I know you have to buy insurance at the border but if this a fixed price from one outlet or are there several different outlets you can buy it from? Someone told me that you can haggle the price of the insurance down? Is this correct?

Also are there normally long queues at the border checkpoints or is it quite quick to cross?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crossing the border into North Cyprus in a car

It is a fixed price and there aren't different "outlets" to buy from - just the one desk. I have never heard of attempting to negotiate the price.

On the 3 occasions I have driven over, there hasn't been a long queue and the process took no longer than 30 minutes.

Incidentally - better not to refer to the crossing as a "border".

Happy travels!

Trisha

2. Re: Crossing the border into North Cyprus in a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2013, 10:18