We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information please

Glasgow
Level Contributor
205 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Information please

Hi to all T/A Members as the name says Benidorm Bobby that’s where I go for a holiday , but just booked up for Cyprus arriving on Sunday and never been before, I m looking for information , Bars Supermarkets , where to exchange pounds to Euros etc

I will be staying in the Marlita Beach going S/C just me and the wife.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Marlita Beach Hotel Apartments
Marlita Beach Hotel...
937 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information please

Marlita Beach is ideally situated. It is actually in Pernera but Protaras is only a 20 minute walk along the lovely boardwalk. Stop offs for drinks along the walk and a superb little kiosk called Zafiros which does, in my opinion, one of the best breakfasts and snacks in the area. You are close to all beaches, there is a small one close to hand called Marlita Beach but if you turn left along the boardwalk and keep walking you will come to a larger beach with watersports, Pernera Beach. Lovely taverna there called The Blue Bay. Turn right and it will bring you to Flamingo Beach and continue walking and eventually you will come to the famous Fig Tree Bay which at the time you are going should be much quieter than high summer.

Plenty of places to change money. I find the best is a small dress shop in Pernera itself, opposite Platon car hire but most will offer the same exchange rate. Just check you are not paying any commission.

A good bar in Pernera is Knights Bar, excellent food and good atmosphere. Plenty of restaurants/tavernas to choose from. Loads of bars in Protaras.

One must do trip is the open top Red Bus. This picks up directly outside the Anastasia Hotel (Marlita Beach is now part of the Anastasia). There is a morning village trip tour and an all day tour to Famagusta. You do need to book though.

Lidl supermarket is in Protaras and Orphanides is on the way to Paralimni. Regular buses to both at 1 euro. Day to day produce can be brought in Pernera at either L & G Supermarket or there is a little supermarket attached to The Livas aparthotel. I use both rather than the big supermarkets because I can’t be bothered to shop really. A couple of nice little bakeries in Pernera for fresh bread etc.

Weather should be lovely for you. Have a lovely holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Fig Tree Bay
Fig Tree Bay
3,679 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Red Bus Cyprus
Red Bus Cyprus
815 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Famagusta
Famagusta
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Paralimni
Paralimni
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Marlita Beach Hotel Apartments
Marlita Beach Hotel...
937 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Pernera Beach Hotel
Pernera Beach Hotel
1,242 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Flamingo Beach Hotel
Flamingo Beach Hotel
352 Reviews
Larnaca, Cyprus
Anastasia Beach Hotel
Anastasia Beach Hotel
1,508 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Livas Hotel Apartments
Livas Hotel Apartments
260 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Glasgow
Level Contributor
205 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information please

Thank You for the information Kath, I m now looking forward to going I will post a review when I come back home .

Thanks Again

Bobby

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Information please

Hi, Kokos bar in pernera is also good after 7 pm drinks are cheaper, 2 euro for cocktails, not watered down either ,It is worth going into protaras for a meal, The Nickolas Tavern and romeos are good.I would also recommend a trip into the Troodos mountains. for tour booking there is a little agency by platon, they also give a good exchange rate.Julie

Mentioned in this post
Troodos Hotel
Troodos Hotel
250 Reviews
Troodos, Cyprus
Kokos Bar
Kokos Bar
131 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
4. Re: Information please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2013, 10:15