We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyrpus in November

London, UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Cyrpus in November

Hello everyone,

Looking for a bit of guidance on my trip. I am planning a short break, around 5 nights, at the end of November w/c 26th to Cyprus, possibly Paphos region with my friend. My questions are;

Firstly the weather, I have read November is the 3rd rainiest month...but this can make it sound worse than it is. Can anyone provide a bit of info on how bad the rain really gets? As long as theres little chance of it raining all day everyday its not a problem. Also, whats the max temp at that time of year?

Second is where in Cyprus to actually go, we enjoy a bit of a party (but not everyday), sightseeing and walks. Are there strips in Paphos? or is aiya napa the main party place? (though i am not keen on going here)

How easy is it to travel to other parts of the island? So if we stayed in paphos, could we get maybe a bus to other towns?

I just need a short break, short flight from home, with a bit of sun!

Thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,768 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyrpus in November

We have been in November and I think we must have been lucky because we didn't get any rain. We had sunshine every day but it started to cool down about 2.30pm -3pm and was dark around 5pm. We tended to walk first thing in the morning when it was sunny but hadn't really warmed up and then sunbathed from mid morning until early afternoon and then went out again in the late afternoon until it was time to get ready to go out for the evening.

It is also quite a good time of year for travelling around in a car to visit other places as it is not too hot.

I love going out of season as it feels like a bonus when the weather is bad at home and you can eat your lunch outside in the sunshine and think of everyone at home huddled up in their winter clothes!

Of course you could easily get rain but you would be quite unlucky if it rained solidly for five days. I suspect you will see the sun.

Limassol might be somewhere for you to consider.

Edited: 17 October 2012, 13:35
Mentioned in this post
Limassol
Limassol
Limassol District, Cyprus
Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyrpus in November

Hi, Bambi, we have also been in November and have had no rain, you will need warm clothes in the evenings it gets cold.

A Lot of things close in Ayia Napa and the eastern side of Cyprus between Oct-April. some places may be closed in Paphos. I agree with twigs I think Limassol would be your best choice or Larnaca, they are working towns and don,t rely so much on Tourist, so there is always a buzz.

Travelling about on the bus is easy. there is a bus from Limassol new port to Paphos. also buses run from Limassol to Larnaca/Nicosia.

From Larnaca buses go to Protaras/napa/Limassol/Nicosia, etc.

Bus tickets are 3 euro perday 13 for the week, from Limassol you can even use your ticket to visit the troodos mountains.

cyprusbybus.com

limassolbuses.com

Julie

Mentioned in this post
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
Limassol District, Cyprus
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Nicosia
Nicosia
Nicosia District, Cyprus
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
3. Re: Cyrpus in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2013, 09:16