We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyprus

cardiff
Level Contributor
94 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cyprus

Hi everyone, Im looking for a little help x

Im getting married in April next year to my wonderfull partner of 17yrs, yes its took us this long xxx

I want to go somewhere really nice for a week where the entertainment is good and you are waited on hand and foot with drinks and really looked after, We have been on lots of holidays over the years some good some bad and some terrible but we have never had the full 5 star treatment as we have always had budget holidays with the kids, I was thinking of cyprus as our honeymoon destination but am open to any ideas from you x I dont have thousands to spend on a honneymoon but i think about £1300 would be our limit , we can fly from anywhere uk

Thanks in advance x

Edited: 12 November 2012, 13:53
Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyprus

Hi, have a look at the San Rapheal in Limassol.

check it out on olympic holidays.

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyprus

Limassol for a honeymoon ? , Really ? .

Not a very romantic resort ! ...

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyprus

Just to add book your flight separately, easy jet prices are not bad in April. and they are a much better airline to fly with now that you can book your seat online, I have just paid £185 each from Gatwick to Paphos return on 20Th May with the luxury of extra leg room and baggage.

Wherever you go take a look on Olympics website. The weather in Cyprus will not be boiling hot in April, it should be starting to warm up a bit, Cyprus is very pretty in the spring.

Congratulations on your marriage, I hope you have a long-happy one.Julie

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyprus

Isleofwight, have you even been in the San Raphael? it is in a quieter part of Limassol overlooking the sea, it has lush grounds. the poster asked for somewhere nice to stay within a budget. Have you ever sat on the terrace in there watching the sun set overlooking the marina ?. This hotel is not in the tourist area. No romance in Limassol ,I thought Richard the Lion heart married there.

Another hotel I would mention is the Columbia resort in Pissouri, not sure if that suits the posters budget. and there are some nice places in Limassol away from the tourist area-town centre. romance is what you make it.Julie

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cyprus

read the review absolutely fantastic on the Raphael ,by the lady that had her wedding there. Limassol forum, under hotels top left hand side of the page

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,599 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cyprus

The Columbia Beach Resort may be over budget but the Columbia Beach Hotel is cheaper. Pissouri is quite a romantic little place.

Limassol can be very romantic. The beach path at night is well lit and it is great to walk along by the sea. There are some restaurants over looking the sea as well. There is also plenty to do by day. Many of the hotels are right on the beach and it is wonderful to sit on the balcony or in a bar overlooking the sea.

Another hotel in Limassol you could look at is the Mediterranean Bach which is a great hotel.

In Paphos you could look at the Alexander the Great.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cyprus

I agree twigs Limassol can be very romantic, the coast path is lovely.the Elias Beach is also good. pissouri is also romantic nice and peaceful. I would like to correct the price of the airfare in an earlier post it was for Gatwick to Larnaca not Paphos.Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Level Contributor
317 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cyprus

You may want to go in a Couple's only hotel if you go to Limassol. In which case you could try the Atlantica Bay Hotel. It's a bit out of the main town but the hotel has a free bus service (or did do) between the Bay and the Atlantica Oasis Hotel.

From there you can take a local bus anywhere in the resort. Plenty of shopping and around 12km of resort with various little beaches and stop off points.

The wooden walkway from the Atlantica Bay is really nice.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Level Contributor
317 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cyprus

Then again, you could go to Pissouri or Polis/Latsi or even go to the Aphrodite Hills resort (the sunsets are spectacular) from there!

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cyprus

I love the part of the beach near Atlantica bay with the Amathus ruins lit up at night,the coast path is lovely.

Pissouri is lovely but you need a car if you wish to go sightseeing. Aphrodite hills maybe over the budget.

Your return bus ticket can be used to visit Klossi, Omodhos, and Troodos, and various other places.The are some nice places in Limassol if you know where you are going, a walk through the lovely sculpture park near the old port.my favorite is the santamarina retreat.Julie

Edited: 16 November 2012, 17:38