We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA change fight time for LHR to Larnaca flight

Kent, England
Level Contributor
793 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
BA change fight time for LHR to Larnaca flight

Had an email from BA stating that they have changed the time of the daily flight from Heathrow to Larnaca from April onwards. It has changed from 8.20 am to 10.30 pm , landing in Larnaca at 5.05 am ! We were not best pleased to say the least. The flight back has also changed, departing earlier at 11am, so we would have lost more than a day of our holiday, and been up all night on the way out.

We tried to switch to the Gatwick to Paphos flight which still has civilised times but no joy unless we cancel and rebook which will cost lots extra.

Very disappointed that they have done this, we have had the flights booked for 6 months, and our only option now is to cancel and get the money back as we can't face those flight times, and it would make things difficult with accommodation and car hire.The chap on customer relations said they had been dealing with lots of people who are very unhappy about it, I think they will get a lot of cancellations.

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA change fight time for LHR to Larnaca flight

BA called me today to tell me of the flight times. I am travelling alone with my five year old daughter and specifically chose a daytime flight. Cant believe they have left it so late to change the schedule. The first two weeks of April are school holidays. How can I keep my daughter awake for such a late flight and then wake her up for 5am arrival with no guarantee of an early check in. I have told then I will think about it and asked them to pay for an extra nights hotel accommondation to make up for our lost one. If not I am cancelling. It is a holiday route what are they thinking!! Thanks BA for not even ringing with a half decent solution...

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA change fight time for LHR to Larnaca flight

We too have just received the email from BA. I phoned them up and at least, free of charge they have moved us to a day later coming home, so at least we dont lose 'holiday time' in cyprus - means ive had to book an extra night in villa though. The only consolation is the return flight is now 11.00 am instead of late afternoon so no hanging around the villa waiting to go the airport. Looking on line I cant seem to find any morning flights to Larnaca. Also I like the BA luggage allowance.

Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA change fight time for LHR to Larnaca flight

The same has happened to us, I have canx with ba and gone for another airline which lands late evening still not good but better than 5 in the morning. Ba will be loosing a lot of customers I'm sure . I did notice though now that there seems to be no London flights from any airlines to larnaca landing in the morn or afternoon , they are all late evening or night flights . Why is this. This surely is not good for eastern cyprus resorts.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
793 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA change fight time for LHR to Larnaca flight

We have now cancelled our flights and rebooked with Monarch.from Gatwick. We went for a wednesday flight which has similar flight times to the original BA flight, at the moment anyway!

We will miss the extra luggage allowance and generous hand baggage with BA, also the more spacious seats, in flight entertainment and food and drink, especially as we are travelling with our baby granddaughter, but having investigated she does get 10kg hold baggage andcan take a pushchair and car seat with Monarch, so not so bad. If finances allow nearer our date of travel we may book extra legroom seats if available.

We won't miss terminal 3 at Heathrow though, we thought it was diabolical last time we went. I believe along with the change of time the BA flights to Larnaca are changing back to terminal 5, so that is one good thing about it.

Edited: 09 December 2012, 09:18
Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA change fight time for LHR to Larnaca flight

At least the passengers above got an email notification; I received no email and only realised when I checked "My Booking". I had booked flights plus car hire but the car hire timing haven't changed. As the night flight to Larnaca means we miss one night at our rented villa; I cancelled and rebooked via Paphos. Strange that the new packed price is more expensive even though we are now flying Economy rather than the original Business Class.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA change fight time for LHR to Larnaca flight

Further to my comments above (Dec. 11); I now find the LGW - Paphos flight has changed times; was outbound 08:35, inbound 16:05; now outbound 12:20, inbound19:45.

Also aircraft type change from one of their ancient B737-436 to an A319.

Looking at Expedia; the cost seems to change every time I check; what are BA playing at?

Kent, England
Level Contributor
793 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA change fight time for LHR to Larnaca flight

Well at least the time has not altered by as much as the LHR to LCA flight. We would have just put up with those changes, but not landing at Larnaca at 5 am

.I don't know what is going on with BA but the customer service is definitely not what it was a few years ago.

Here's hoping that our new flights with Monarch don't change, or at least not by much.

Cambridge, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: BA change fight time for LHR to Larnaca flight

I also happend to spot the change when checking my booking, rather that BA proactively contacting me. I am not willing to travel through the night, so have cancelled the whole holiday. I actually booked through Avios, and the ywill refund my 90.000 Avios points and £91 booking fee, but will not refund for the insurance as "I have had the benefit of the cover". Despite not actually travelling anywhere :-)

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA change fight time for LHR to Larnaca flight

And finally an email from BA confirming times changes - more than a week after I saw the change on 'Manage My Booking'. Sales agent admitted flights to Larnaca/Paphos are currently a 'nightmare'

Remind me to fly with another airline who cares for the passengers next time.

Edited: 03 January 2013, 10:29
Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA change fight time for LHR to Larnaca flight

Have had to cancel our annual May half term trip to Cyprus this year because of BA's ridiculous change of flight times, again we would losing a day and a half of our holiday and what do you do at 5 am in the morning when most accommodation isn't available until early or late afternoon. We have opted for the full refund but some 6 weeks later still no sign despite numerous calls to BA - apparently part of the delay is due to Christmas!!! Come on BA do the right thing and don't fob customers off with the Christmas excuse. We have been advised to expect a refund by the end of January - how many £'000s of pounds of customer's monies are BA holding onto which are due for a refund?