We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cyprus cruises

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
cyprus cruises

my husband and I, together with our 8 and 10 year olds are going to cyprus in July for 2 wks. We thought of an egypt cruise if they still do them, any other suggestion of how to amuse them?

Kent, England
Level Contributor
808 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cyprus cruises

Hi,

which part of Cyprus are you going to ?

CYPRUS
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cyprus cruises

They do the cruise, but the drive to Cairo is very long expect them to be bored.

Try the waterparks, those are fun. Fasouri waterpark is my daughter's favourite. The bird park in Paphos is great for children. There is also donkey sanctuary in Vouni village, where the children can feed the donkeys.

If they like walking, take them to the Caledonian Waterfalls walk on Troodos mountains, they will have fun doing the trail and crossing the little river, make a contest if they can see any trout. At Troodos square there is a play area and you can get them to ride the horses there. Platres village has a good selection of hotels (with pool) to spend a night.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cyprus cruises

Thanks for the tips! We are going to limassol and staying with friends, but I didnt want to be under their feet too much so wanted to explore. What about Rhodes cruises. Are they worth going on?

CYPRUS
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cyprus cruises

Rhodes would be a less tiring option and a great Greek island with lots of history and the town is great for wondering about.

England
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cyprus cruises

Hi.

I guess it depends on where you are staying, as Cyprus is pretty big. If you are near Paphos or Coral Bay, check out the following:

* George's Reptile Park, which is on the main road just outside Coral Bay. It's money spent in a good cause as the Austrian owner is on a one man mission to save Cypriot snakes! It can easily be combined with a trip to nearby Paphos Bird Park, and, whilst not worth a special visit in itself, is fun for the kids. When we were there we got a private tour, (and saw George in person!) because we were the only ones in there. My kids were thrilled to hold a snake and some tiny frogs and were given a shed snake skin as a souvenir.

* Paphos Bird Park, (as recommended by a previous poster), is well worth a visit and you can save a little on the entrance cost by getting a family ticket. If going to the Bird Park, (which has lots of animals as well), make sure to take lots of water and suncream as there are large unshaded areas to cover as you walk from one part to another. My kids loved this place, despite the heat, and wanted to go again!

* Tomb of the Kings just outside Paphos is fun for the kids as there are large open spaces for them to explore and the tombs themselves make you feel like you are in an 'Indiana Jones' movie!. Early evening is the best time to go as it is cooler then. Don't let the kids go exploring on their own, however, as some entrances to the tombs are steep and sometimes there are dark holes inside with potentially big drops, (don't expect warning signs anywhere)

* Further afield, near Limassol, my children particularly enjoyed visiting the Kourion and the castle at Kolossi

With regards to the Egypt trip, if you are planning on going ahead with this, don't forget to check your insurance, particularly regarding recommended vaccinations. I didn't do a similar trip to Egypt after I was told by my insurance company that I would not be covered for my medical expenses if I contracted any illness for which I had not been vaccinated. Reps are unlikely to mention this aspect when selling trips to Egypt. Although the risk of contracting an illness is probably relatively small during a short visit, it's as well to be aware of the situation so you can weigh up the pros and cons.

Hope this helps.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
54 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cyprus cruises

Fantastic! Thanks for all that...hadnt considered the insurance aspect, will check that. There seems enough there to satisfy everyone, cant wait to go exploring.

Thanks again!

7. Re: cyprus cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 19:18