We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non- beach destination

Karachi
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Non- beach destination

Me and a couple of friends are planning to go to Cyprus in early May.

What would be a non-beach destination in Cyprus which is a peaceful place with still some activities to do?

Will appreciate some advise please.

Thanks

Sohail

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,123 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non- beach destination

Hi, I do not not your interests so I cannot help you with things to do at the moment. Which Airport are you flying into and are you hiring a car. From your post I think you wish to see the rural areas where a car is essential. have a look at . www.cyprus-travel-secrets.com/

Julie

Karachi
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non- beach destination

Thanks for the reply Julie.

We will be flying into Larnaca. I had not thought about hiring a car. Can you give me some guidance on how best to hire a car at a reasonable rate and also an idea of approximately how much will it cost. Is there any website from where i can reserve a car or a van ?

If we are a large group, is it possibe to hire a van?

As for activities, we are looking for a peaceful location with natural beauty. We are not really clear on the kind of activities available, I was thinking of going to Pafos because one of my friends had gone there a few years back to play golf, but i dont know much more than that.

Really need some advise.

Thanks

Sohail

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,879 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non- beach destination

www.aphroditehills.com/cyprus/cyprus-golf/ Take a look at this website. It might be helpful in respect to golf. If you type car hire into the search box just above your first post you will find some information about the various car hire companies that people recommend.

Edited: 26 March 2013, 19:38
Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,123 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non- beach destination

Hi, The Aphrodite hills is in a beautiful spot around 20 minutes from paphos I know they can sort out things to do including horse riding, not sure of your budget though. Pissouri has natural beauty there is a beach at the bottom but it will be quiet early may. the traditional village up the top is lovely plenty of traditional places to eat in the bay and village. you could look at the Columbia bay resort or hotel. if you wish to play golf Aphrodite hills a short drive, paphos about 20 minutes/ Limassol 25.

www.exclusively-cyprus.com/pissouri

sorry I cannot help with the van I would re post on the Larnaca forum as well as the search also have a look at. www.cyprusbybus.com you may be able to hire something there.

another place with natural beauty is the Anassa at Polis I don't think there is much to do there, or there is Latchi again the beach will not be busy.Julie

Pune, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non- beach destination

There are lot of non-beach things you can do in Cyprus. It is a myth that Cyprus is only for beaches. I would recommend visiting the medieval bridges (Kelefos, Elia and Roudhia), Visit the mountain villages (Omodhos, Kalapanioyiotis). I spent 8 years in Cyprus and not many weekends were spent on the beach! Message me if you want specific help or check the posts on my personal blog http://www.triptocyprus.com/

Karachi
Level Contributor
254 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Non- beach destination

Guys and gals, Many many thanks for the excellent advise

You are Angels indeed.

Sohail

7. Re: Non- beach destination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 04:15