We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of living

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of living

We'll be staying midway between Latchi and Polis in a villa. We've been before and are familiar with the area but its been a few years since our last visit and wondered whether the recent crisis had increased living costs? What's the average price of a meal or a glass of local wine or branded beer. I'm thinking of budgeting £100 a day but that's to include taxis to and from the airport, all meals out + supermarket food and possible a few trips which may involve hiring a car for a day or two. Is that realistic or should I take more? Its a 15 night trip.

Also, has anyone been to Polis or Latchi recently and if they have, are the cash points open? There used to be only 1 cash point in Polis and for safety, I don't want to take a big wad of euros but then again, don't want to be caught out by assuming the cash points working, only to find it isn't.

Mentioned in this post
Latchi
Latchi
Paphos District, Cyprus
Polis
Polis
Paphos District, Cyprus
England, United...
Level Contributor
998 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of living

There are at least three ATMs in Polis... or there were last summer.

Have you considered hiring a car for the whole period and picking it up at the airport? It may work out cheaper overall than taxis and hiring for a shorter term.

There are loads of recent threads discussing the cost of living. Do a search and I'm sure you will find the info you need.

Mentioned in this post
Polis
Polis
Paphos District, Cyprus
2. Re: Cost of living

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 06:19