We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is 5 days enough to spend in cyprus?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
is 5 days enough to spend in cyprus?

We got cheap flights to Dubai and have 5 days spare we were thinking of catching a flight somewhere sort of close. Wondering if 5 days is enough to see some beaches night life and a bit of history of the whole island? We are looking at November 2-6 so it will be cooling down.

Thanks in advance

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Nicosia
Level Contributor
334 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is 5 days enough to spend in cyprus?

The best beaches are founf on the east (Ayia Napa and Protaras), but in November they will be closing down, so I suggest to base yourself in Larnaca or Limassol. You still get decent beaches and many options for sightseeing if the weather is not that good.

In 5 days (considering that you will spend a couple of days on the beach) you can get a glimpse of Cyprus. If you are based in Larnaca or Limassol you can take daytrips to Nicosia, Paphos and the mountains.

It all depends on what you want to do, so if you need more info about something specific, just ask...

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is 5 days enough to spend in cyprus?

You won't have enough time to get around the "whole of the island" in 5 days, but you will have time to get a taste of Cyprus.

The flight from Dubai is about four and a half hours and the carrier is Emirates to Larnaca airport..

Trisha

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is 5 days enough to spend in cyprus?

Hi, I would base yourself in Larnaca, The beaches are nicer, as you are into history visit Nicosia take a walk around the walls then cross over to the northern side The Buyuk Han or the great inn as it was once called is lovely you will need your passport, you could visit Famagusta/ Salamis Ruins and the ghost town of Varosha.

In larnaca itself there is St Lazarus Church/ sultan Tekke Mosque on the salt lake ,a small but interesting site is the kition ruins dating back to where Larnaca began, or drive out to Choirokoitia settlement off the larnaca-limassol these are only a few suggestions but I would keep one day free to explore the lovely Troodos mountains.Julie

You could also visit kurion ruins 12km west of Limassol

Edited: 02 July 2013, 11:26
Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is 5 days enough to spend in cyprus?

I believe Pernera and Protaras beaches are nicer (and less busier) than Larnaca, but as above, the beaches here may be closed down for November. It only takes a few hours to drive from one end of the island to the other, so five days seems plenty if you are just doing some sight-seeing. A lot of the historical areas are down the Pafos-end, i.e. Tombs of the Kings, Archaeological Site, however you have the Troodos Mountains (which will be colder at that time of the year) and also places like Aphrodite's Rock and Kourion to visit along the coastline. Lots to do, depends what type of traveler you are. :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is 5 days enough to spend in cyprus?

Thanks all for the tips, as Dubai is rather strict we want somewhere we can drink have fun and and party a bit. History is more so we can say we saw certain things that are significant. The weather says around 23 in November is it a cold 23 it tropical as the rain looks to be higher?? Do the bars close in november as well or just beaches?

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is 5 days enough to spend in cyprus?

Hi, all the bars-restaurants will be open in both Larnaca-Limassol both are working towns There is always a buzz on Larnaca Prom. The weather in November can be fairly warm in the daytime but chilly in the evenings when the sun has gone down, so you would need a jacket or jumper if you go out in the evenings.

I find the 23 temp warm but I live in the UK, but as you are coming over from Australia you may find it cooler.Julie

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,230 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is 5 days enough to spend in cyprus?

We went to Paphos in November once just for a quick four day break and we had a fabulous time. We have also been to Limassol for a week at a time in the winter. Sometimes it feels longer because I think the shorter the time you have the more you pack in. I hope you have a great time.

8. Re: is 5 days enough to spend in cyprus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 07:17