We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyprus with teenagers in January? Worth doing?

sydney
Level Contributor
312 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Cyprus with teenagers in January? Worth doing?

Just wondering anyone, My husband and i will be with our 2 teenagers (Boy 17 & girl 15) in Jordan and Istanbul in January and wondered if it was worthwhile taking a flight to cyprus for some r and r...for their sake..

We love our history and know they will be over it after week+ , but thought Cyprus might be a nice diversion. Maybe warm??? Possibly swimming??

Is it worth me getting plane fares and accommodation together for say 5 days. Do teenagers like visiting there.....or should i look for something Asian (which they have had before) on the way home...

(they've never been anywhere in the Med or surrounds...)..

Kent, England
Level Contributor
811 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyprus with teenagers in January? Worth doing?

Cyprus in January would be too cold for a beach holiday you would be better off looking further south, maybe the red sea or as you say, somewhere in Asia.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyprus with teenagers in January? Worth doing?

Weather wise January-February are are about the worst months to visit cyprus, it will not be warm enough for a dip in the sea.But you can still get a few hours sunshine if you are lucky. It will be cold in the evenings.Julie

sydney
Level Contributor
312 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyprus with teenagers in January? Worth doing?

thanks guys - great to get such a quick response!

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyprus with teenagers in January? Worth doing?

Jordan and Istanbul will be cold in January so I would head for warmer climes on your way home.

Trisha

sydney
Level Contributor
312 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cyprus with teenagers in January? Worth doing?

thanks..really appreciate it!

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cyprus with teenagers in January? Worth doing?

Hi, maybe have a look at Tenerife.Julie

7. Re: Cyprus with teenagers in January? Worth doing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 05:18