We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats the weather like early april?

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
whats the weather like early april?

Hi everyone, im looking at getting married in paphos in 2015 I know its a bit away but before I book just doing a bit of research on the weather whats the weather like in april, does it rain much? Would there be a risk of it raining on my wedding day? Our 2nd option is middle of may. Really having a dilemma with these dates. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated. Many thanks, louise x

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats the weather like early april?

Apris is still unpredictable month.

Below are Data taken from official Meteorological Department Website, kind of old, however things have not changed significantly during recent years:

Average min temperature in April 13deg Celcius ( late night temp)

Average max temperature in April 23 deg Celcius ( midday temp)

Plus 4 deg Celcius for May.

No data about number of rainy days, however it won't be of any use. It may rain only one day in April and this could be your wedding day. Generally speaking the rainy season in Cyprus does NOT include April, however we may have occasional showers. If I remember well we didn't have and rain this year during April, but you can't take this for granted. May is closer to summer, so a safer bet for a non rainy wedding, however there had been years that high temperatures occured.

Guaranteed sunshine during summer months however hot (red hot today!!!)

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whats the weather like early april?

here is the weather history for this april but you can look back over 10 years for every month.

wunderground.com/history/…MonthlyHistory.html

Edited: 01 September 2013, 03:12
London
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats the weather like early april?

What I forgot to mention was to click on different days because the days of rain might only be 1 hour and that could be at 1am or 2 am or in the afternoon for 1 hour. But the rainy days showing does not mean its rained for hours all through the day.

Kent
Level Contributor
5,965 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats the weather like early april?

weather in april can be very hit and miss, i wouldn;t have a wedding then we went mid may this year and tho the week before it has a lot of rain which was unusual, we had fantastic weather, high 80's, low 90's, out of the 2 i would go for may

5. Re: whats the weather like early april?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 06:38