We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
1 post
173 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport

I just want to give my feedback in regards to renting a car from AIDA rentals Ltd. We were disappointed with the overall experience but looking back the lesson is "you get what you pay for".

We were directed to AIDA through one of the many search engines which direct you to 10+ websites quoting low cost economy rentals versus the big companies (Europa, Hertz, Avis, etc). We had to find our arrival, we were driven to an off airport location and charged euro 19 for this? Our vehicle has 160,000 kms and the transmission felt like it was falling out of the car when shifting uphill.

Next time we will rent from a major and get the service quality for the same end price!

17 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport

I would also want to give feedback in regards to renting a car from AIDA rentals in Cyprus, Larnaca airport. It was a very disappointing experience! As mentioned on the previous post I was directed there though a comparison site www.arguscarhire.com, the price seemed good but there were so many charges on top of the initial price that made the rental even more expensive than big companies rentals.

They had mandatory charge for the fuel, no matter if you returned it at the same level, another 22 EUR charge for the airport pick up (the car station was 1km away from the airport).

The car I got had 160.000km and was full of dents and scratches. They gave me a paper showing all over the car dents and scratches and I signed it. When I returned the car they claimed that there was an additional scratch somewhere below the ones they claimed were already there. Taking that into consideration they charged my credit card with 800 EUR for liabilities and they said they will review the damage and its cost and will return the remaining amount out of 800 EUR.

I strongly recommend that no one ever should rent a car from there.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Level Contributor
32 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport

AVOID THIS CAR RENTAL FIRM AT ALL COSTS !

We have just had an awful experience with AIDA which is now in the hands of the Police and our Solicitor in Germany.

To cut a very long story very short. We were sent off with a car with a defective key which snapped stranding us in Paphos late at night. When we rang this firm to be rescued they refused to help saying the person before us had also snapped the key and we had a brand new one ! They just left us stranded at the side of the road. The Boss of the company was extremely rude to my husband and demaded we replace the key. The new key cost euro 130 and of course they will not reimburse this amount. It took us over a week to get the key replaced. Yesterday the company rang my home in Germany over and over and over again. I eventually had to contact the police because I was so distressed. Thank God a kind Cypriot gentleman and kind shop owner came to our rescue in Pafos and got us on our way. I am writing to the Cyprus newspapers to thank these people and to tell our story. Please avoid them as our experience was awful. The key by the way was thoroughly inspected at the garage and found to be at least 3 years old !

3. Re: Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 16:02

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport

Avoid aida car rentals at all costs.

Some many additional charges that you are not told about on the internet. 22 euros pick from airport. You pay for extra cover but still have to put a deposit down of 80 euros. A full to empty fuel tank policy for a 150 euros for a car that has a 50 lt tank.

They tryed to tell us we damaged the car where he had marked it on the signed paper/contract. Luckily we had take photos previous to leaving the gate.

After he agreed there was no damaged caused by us, we are yet to see the 80 euro deposit back.

Edited: 17 June 2015, 21:20
Ashtead, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport

I have read the above posts and really do find it hard to believe some of the things that have been said, Soliman Y even thought that it was ok to post it 3 times. I and my family have been hiring cars from this company for over 10 years and have always found them to be polite, helpful and reasonable. This August I picked up a car from Larnaca Airport and after a few days I had trouble with the gear box, I phoned there Limassol office and within 2 hours had a different car to continue my holiday with. When I hire a car, whether it be with AIDA or any other company I treat the car as if it is my own and look after it properly, some people think they can thrash the car however they like, I've seen it happen, I'm not saying that this is the case in any of the above's cases but it happens.

6. Re: Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline protecting the personal privacy of our users. We will remove messages that include real names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, Instant Messenger handles and nicknames that are provided without permission from that user.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2017, 19:47

7. Re: Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 October 2015, 21:35

Ashtead, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport

They are not a 15 minute drive from the airport! It is 1k at the most,at least get your facts right.

Edited: 19 October 2015, 09:25
Italy
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport

Top! Excellent service ,we had our new toyota aygo 15 minutes after our flight landed AIDA excellent

no airport Fee and petrols is full finish full.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport

This is now the 3th time I have used Aida rent a car and have a more booked for this year. Great customer service value Easy,and efficient. Alberto

Reply to: Rental Cars, Larnaca Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted