We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never been

Connecticut
Level Contributor
22 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Never been

Hi. I am going to London for a week in June 2014 and then looking to escape the city for a beach holiday. Do not know much about Cyprus but beaches look nice and weather should be good. I would like to stay in walking distance to beach and rent an apartment in a town center. I prefer an old town or center rather than a "strip" type atmosphere. I have stayed in Portugal coast and enjoyed both the beach and the old town. Any suggestions? Thanks Kathy

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Never been

I don't understand why you mention Cyprus and London together. Do you mean you are flying to Cyprus after your stay in London? It's approximately 2000 miles from London to Cyprus. There are much nearer places for a beach holiday.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Never been

Try Larnaca.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,716 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Never been

It is a 4 1/2 hour flight from London to Cyprus. You could get to Greece in less time or even Spain unless you particularly wanted to go to Cyprus. If you do want to go to Cyprus and are looking for nice beaches you will need to go to the Eastern side of the island.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Never been

I think the poster wants to break up the journey from london back conecticut or it could just be shab or joe back.Julie

5. Re: Never been

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 06:19