We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Similar resorts to Paphos NOT in cyprus?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
123 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Similar resorts to Paphos NOT in cyprus?

Hi, we are a young couple looking to book somewhere for July 2014, we are not big drinkers but love a good choice of restaurants, good music, shops, sports etc. We went to Paphos in June and loved it, it had everything we needed! and have also been to Protaras, We are looking for somewhere different to Cyprus this year so has anyone who's been to paphos/protaras been anywhere else good? any suggestions would be great! Cheers, Dan

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,560 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Similar resorts to Paphos NOT in cyprus?

Your last topic said you wanted something in Cyprus that wasn't Paphos and you got suggestions on there.

Now you want somewhere that isn't Cyprus but are asking on the Cyprus forum ?

Try the Greek Islands, The Canary Islands or Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Croatia or any other European destination.

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Spain
Spain
Europe
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Newport Pagnell...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Similar resorts to Paphos NOT in cyprus?

We've been to Playa de Las Americas in Tenerife and I think it might suit you.Plenty of nice places to eat and loads of music bars.Not sure about sports but there are a few golf courses.

We've also been to several places in Spain also to France,Italy, Portugal and Greece,but I think Tenerife is more what you're looking for.PM me if you want anymore information.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
123 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Similar resorts to Paphos NOT in cyprus?

Thankyou for your reply, I never said I wanted anywhere in Cyprus? I said places similar to Paphos and realised that people might have got confused so I put it out again, whats the point in putting it in a different forum when I am talking about paphos? people would only know of similar resorts if they've actually visited paphos, your reply made no sense but thankyou anyway

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,560 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Similar resorts to Paphos NOT in cyprus?

LOL

People got confused because you posted on the Cyprus forum asking for recommendations of resorts similar to Paphos whilst neglecting to mention that you didn't want to go to Cyprus.

So instead of correcting the last topic you've put on a new topic asking people on the Cyprus forum to tell you about resorts in other countries that are similar to Paphos.

This relies on people reading your post having been to Paphos and other places - which is possible, but also them knowing what you may or may not like, which is difficult.

As I said above - Try the Greek Islands, The Canary Islands or Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, Croatia or any other European destination all of which will have resorts similar to Paphos; some will be nicer, some will not be as nice but only you will know which one is right for you.

Mentioned in this post
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Spain
Spain
Europe
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
123 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Similar resorts to Paphos NOT in cyprus?

Because I was asking people who'd already been to paphos, it would be pointless posting it on the spain forum and asking for resorts similar to paphos (I did it for Greece and no one had been to paphos) and maybe I wanted to do a forum for places similar to Paphos IN Cyprus and this one NOT in Cyprus, its not against tripadvisor rules to post two topics, I have received good answers from both whereas you have just said look at anywhere in Europe and only you know whats best for you? the point of the topic was to hear suggestions from other people, how will only I know whats best for me in potugal for example, when ive never been before? by asking peoples advice that's how, haha!

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
46,560 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Similar resorts to Paphos NOT in cyprus?

Okey doke

We like

Villamoura in Portugal

Albufeira in Portugal

Lagos in Portugal

Los Christianos in Tenerife

Playa del Carmen in Lanzarote

Santorini (Greek Island)

Mykonos (Greek Island)

Corfu

Rhodes (particularly Rhodes town)

Ajaccio (Corsica)

Peschiera at Lake Garda in Italy

Bardolino at Lake Garda in Italy

Sorrento in Italy

Benalmadena in Spain

Toulon in France

Porec in Croatia

Rovinj in Croatia

Dubrovnik in Croatia

My friend likes Turkey, particularly Akbuk and Kalkan but I've never been.

I guess when you get to be 50 rather than mid 20s you have the luxury of knowing more about what there is to see. One thing you will find is that some places are good enough to go back to and some places you be glad never to go back to but it's all part of the rich tapestry of the world.

So take advantage of seeing many places - you'll be glad one day that you did.

I'm lucky and have been to many, many places - and I only have two places I'd never go back to (Las Vegas and Venezuela)

But Cyprus was the place that captured my heart enough to buy somewhere to spend more time in.

And then you have the world - Stockholm is my favourite European city and San Francisco my favourite place in the US. I love the Caribbean and Dubai is my favourite city.

I could carry on but I'll stop now and hope you have more ideas to help with your search - sometimes there's no substitute for a trip to the travel agents and some brochures to browse through.

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Corfu
Corfu
Ionian Islands, Greece
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Corsica
Corsica
France
Sorrento
Sorrento
Province of Naples, Italy
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
7. Re: Similar resorts to Paphos NOT in cyprus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 05:17